CHAPTER 54

NASRIN.

I burbled the dried grounded kuka leaves on the pot I was using to cook the soup . I turned the whisk , grabbing it a bit harder and beating harder , since I was starting to notice folds of the kuka powder on the soup . I repeated the same process again .

I closed the pot and staggered towards the sink to wash off my hand and the whisk I used .

I HATE PERIOD PAINS!!

Rn my stomach felt like a knife was being used to stab my abdomen repeatedly. I kept resisting the urge to walk back to the sitting room and lay there while I waited for the soup to be done .

I used my elbow as a support to lay almost half of my body on the counter . Using my hand to support my lower abdomen. I heaved at the pain that suppressed a little . It felt a bit better .

"Are you okay" I heard Ahmad's voice ask.

It took me aback and I instantly tried to stand up from the position I was in . But instead my legs staggered the wrong way and I found my whole body on the floor .

I bellowed immediately, trying hard to keep my tears from falling .

" I'm so sorry"

I looked up to a worriedly looking ahmad . He stood there looking straight at me on the floor . He looked very clueless on what to do next.

I watched as he lowered his back, stretching his Hand a little towards mine . Then as if he was being controlled by a remote . He immediately took back his stretched hand and walked a little bit closer to me .

I didn't realize what was happening until I felt him swoop my body from the ground . I almost shouted in pain , from the sharp pain that secluded from my abdomen .

" Are you okay, what's wrong with you" his fresh minty breath fanned my face as we walked towards the sitting room .

I didn't know what to call the feeling I felt on my stomach , but you can imagine having a severe menstrual cramps and still creating a room for butterflies to fly on that same stomach.

He gently dropped me on a couch , making sure I was laying flat .

" uhm do you want anything" he asked.

"NO, Can you just help me turn off the gas cooker ?" I asked .

"Okay" he said before walking back towards the kitchen.

I heaved a sigh I didn't know I was holding and my eyes shifted to the television.

I lingered my eyes around the television, with no idea about what was happening on the show .

I felt a presence by my side and I immediately shifted my gaze to ahmad , he was holding a tea mug with his left hand on the other was a pink bucket with steam coming out from it .

I watched as he dropped the bucket on the floor and passed the tea cup to me .

"Here , I made hot tea for you" he said like he was doubting himself .

I resisted the urge to smile at his kindness. Instead I stretched my hand and collected the cup , nodding a little .

Was that rude? I thought .

"Yeah it was" my subconscious mind stated .

"And I don't know where you keep your hot tube , so I decided to bring hot water and a napkin" he said , still doubting himself .

" Thank you , but I don't really know how to use a napkin" I said sincerely .

" uhm I would help massage it for you"