CHAPTER 34

Ahmad

I woke up quiet grumpy ,well I have been grumpy since my parents conspired to ruin my life by setting me up with her .but I don't know why this days I tend to act distant around her ,like I don't know why I keep I stealing glances at her .its weird tbh .

Well the truculent thought is bound to make me late ,if I sit and ponder any deeper .searching for my other phone ,tie and laptop bag ,I heard my phone vibrating on the soft sofa in my room.

Picking it up ,I realized it was ummah ,I wasn't ready to talk to her right now because I knew she was going to make me late and I knew what she wanted ,she had been pressing that I attend nasrins prom which I don't even know how she got to find out that I said she wasn't going.

Answering the call ,ummah puffed out an air ,probably thought I wasn't going to answer the call.well I don't blame her ,it's not that I hadn't gone awol on her before .

Ummah inna wuni"

My son how are you "

Ummah I'm fine and you ?"
How is everyone at home "I continued .

Alhamdulila"she replied .

Hope you've changed your mind about going to the prom with nasrin "

Ummah I'm not going and neither is she ,I told you already "I managed to say after several rehearsals not to sound rude .

"Yanxu Ahmad nache kayi Abu kache bazakayi bah "she started pulling that her respect me card again

"No ummah it's not like that ,kawwai I just don't want her to go there ,ummah she is married." I let out a fustrated sigh

"And so ?how is that even a problem ,this is something she's going to do once in her life ,so why do you want to stop her" she retorted calmly

"Ummah I won't allow her to go !" Trying to get her to understand which I knew she wouldn't cause I don't have a strong defense for my decision

Ahmad if you don't dress up and follow that girl,then I will never raise my phone to call you again ,har i called you and you have the stupid guts to say you won't allow her to go "

Lallai "she ended the call.

What!!!
This is unbelievable,they force me to get married to her and now they are controlling my marital affairs .

I picked my stuffs once again and left the house to the office .

.............................

I waited impatiently for nasrin to walk out of the front porch while I sat at the back sit of the car .

I managed to pull out everything in just a day with the help of Asma ,I don't know why after speaking to ummah ,I felt the need to just allow her go to the prom .

I adjusted comfortable picking my phone from my side still waiting for her.

After a while ,the door clicked open and I immediately looked up to see nasrin looking breathtakingly gorgeous,like a real life angel in  the dress me and asma got her, I felt good , l felt so proud of my choice cause I'm honestly speechless but because I am me and nobody else I quickly turned my head and pretended to act like I didn't care, I picked my phone and scrolled through her Instagram account carefully and managed not to like any of her posts, I checked her comments and saw how people complimented her and called her beautiful.

I got so carried away that I didn't know when we arrived until the car halted, i noticed how she shifted uncomfortably,she turned from the window to her hands ,it was as she was feeling to nervous to go out .I immediately got out and opened the door for her , nobody should act surprised I've always been a gentle man , my subconscious is probably wheezing out of laughter .