CHAPTER 51

AHMAD.

I hastily rushed up after hearing Nasrin shout. I started throwing questions of worries as soon as i swung her room door open.
What happened?
Whats wrong?
I kept repeating myself turning around in the room in search of Nasrin.
A very heavy but calming hug came from nowhere . The warm ease of mind that came along with her scent that engulfed me was blissful.
In a cup of worry , i turned to look at her and ask what was wrong.
Her cheeks held a slight taint of blush and her whole face was covered with joy .

I watched as she heaved a sigh before raising her phone to my acknowledgement to look at something.

My heart rate spiked because i was confused. I looked at the phone to see a blue and yellow image with rows and columns of subjects and grades then i noticed the bold West African Examination Council title at the top of the website.
A heavy breath escaped my chest when i saw the bold A1's and only two B2's out of the nine subjects she sat for during the exams.

After a few seconds of adjusting my focus, i looked into Nasrin's eyes and a smile i knew wasn't common to me showed up on both our faces. It took me a while and a heavy stare from Nasrin to realize how awkward the moment was.

"I never knew scary cat was a brainiac"I said , still smirking boldly at her lighted expression.

" you know the smirk is really annoying, especially when it's coming from you, so split it" she said , moving her eyes back to her phone .

" ouch , okay" I playfully said with a neutral expression , moving an inch backwards.

" so you won't say congratulations to me ?" She Replied trying hard to return my neutral expression.

A genuine smile forced it way on my face looking at how happy she was , I didn't know when I pulled out my hand to her cheeks before gently dragging her soft cheeks .

NASRIN.

Beep!!

Beep!!

Drifting from my unorthodox dreamland . I slowly shifted my sleepy,half opened eyes towards the annoying sound coming from my phones notifications .I held the phone up gently,pressing the ''on button'' to see what was so disturbing.

I saw a lot of notifications from our schools group chat on Whatsapp and snapchat. Then I noticed five new messages pop up from our school coordinators number with a link and some other instructions and salutations.

The first thing that came to my mind was to call ruffy and ask for a spoiler on what was going on. After a few failed calls, she picked up and yelled out my name.

"Nas Nas!!".

I answered with a soft giggle under my sleepy voice asking what could have made her so excited. She kept quiet for almost thirty seconds before asking if i have seen mine.

I was so confused that I didn't know when I asked"my what?". She kept quiet.

She chuckled before hastily saying "your WAEC result".

It didn't feel as real but it seemed as if my heart skipped a beat when she made the last statement. I didn't even acknowledge her waiting presence before cutting the call.

I quickly opened the message from our school coordinator and i saw the WAEC result link with my reference ID number.

I clicked on it and waited for the website to load completely with my heart beating harder and faster by each passing second. I wasn't sad but tears clustered around my eyeballs when i saw my name with a line up of the subjects i sat for with grades aligned beside them.