CHAPTER 7

"I'm getting you married, it is the only thing that will cure your madness," baba said.

I was speechless, many things ran through my mind as I looked at baba

"Haba baba, I'm only seventeen"I didn't know when the words left my mouth but I didn't care.
All my life I've dreamt of falling in love with a special person, I always pitied girls that were pushed into an arranged marriage, and now that's my fate, all my dreams and aspirations are being crushed by my father.

"My decision is final, you are getting married to AHMAD KABIR BINDIWA my friend's son," baba said and left his parlor.

I sank to the floor as hot painful tears slid down my face, I thought of how my teenage life came to an abrupt stop and I cried harder.

" I would have begged your father on your behalf Nasrin but you crossed the line this time," mama said and left her husband's parlor.

I was beyond broken, I didn't know what to do.
I rose from the floor as hot tears kept running down my face, I made my way to my room, performed ablution, and performed nails, I later ended up sleeping on the salaya(prayer mat).

Later in the evening humaira came into my room to inform me that mama said I should come out and eat, I didn't have an appetite to eat anything so I told her I wasn't hungry.

I woke up the next morning with a migraine, I went into the bathroom and did my morning business.

I came out of the bathroom and saw adda Hamida sitting on my bed with her hand palm against her forehead, immediately she noticed me looking at her she started crying, and as if in queue tears started rolling down my eyes.

She stood up and hugged me.
"Adda Hamida, I don't know what to do," I said, I don't deserve it at this stage of my life "Adda Hamida I am just seventeen for God's sake and I'm getting married to someone I don't know, someone I know nothing about, someone I'm not in love with.

"I know this is unfair but you have to take it as God's doing, he alone knows the best for you"Adda Hamida said.
"you should have patience and pray for the best "she continued, everything will be okay.

Everything will be okay kept ringing in my head.
"Are you sure ?" I asked her, and she nodded her head and hugged me.

Now wear something and come downstairs and have your breakfast.

I said okay before she left my room.

I wore a simple red and brown A shape Ankara gown with a brown veil, I didn't bother to apply kohl on my eyes and I exited the room.

I was feeling nervous to enter the dining room when I reached downstairs, I heard humaira's voice before entering the room, I salam'd and greeted mama and baba.
Mama answered me with a low voice while baba didn't even bother to look my way talkless of answering my greetings.

I made my way to the dining table and sat next to Adda Hamida, she was typing something on her phone so she didn't notice me sitting next to her, I served myself the hot beans cake(Akara ) and kunun Giada (groundnut pap).

I was still eating my breakfast when I heard baba call my name, for the first time since I sat down I heard him talk.

'Naam'(yes) I answered in a nervous voice.

Ahmad will be coming after the maghrib prayer to see you, so you should prepare yourself.

I wasn't sure if I heard what he said but my heart started pounding after I heard him say, Ahmad.
"have you heard what I said ' baba asked?
"yes' I answered

*****
I was upstairs taking a nap when someone
opened the door to my room, I raised my head and saw mama standing close to the door.
"Mama Inna wuni "I greeted her.

Lfylau (fine )she replied as if I was forcing her to reply to me.

Deep down I knew mama wanted to talk to me, mama wanted to hug me and whisper all will be okay inshallah (by Allah's will)into my ears but she was restraining herself from doing so.

I was still in my trance when mama started talking.

"you should start getting yourself ready it's already past 6 pm "I nodded my head before she left the room.

I took a hot shower and came out of the bathroom, I saw adda Hamida lying on my bed with a white peplum dress laid on the bed next to her, with her pink make-up kit beside the dress.

I found it very amusing because she was taking her time to make me look beautiful for someone I don't even know, how funny.

"Nasrin"addah Hamida called out my name.
"Naam"
"come lay your butt on this bed right now," she said.

"aren't you acting like it's a big deal, I don't even know the person I'm getting dressed for" I replied amidst laughter?

"Yes, but at least first look and impression matters "she replied.
I just sat down on the bed and she started her artwork on my face.

She finished making me up and I wore the dress she got for me.
" Ma sha Allah ," she said almost whispering.

She brought out her phone and started snapping at me, I wasn't smiling because I had no idea what will happen tonight.

She posted some of the pictures on her Instagram and Snapchat story before leaving my room.

I was sitting on my bed thinking about how everything went wrong in just a couple of days when humaira entered my room to inform me that Ahmad was waiting for me downstairs

I was sitting on my bed thinking about how everything went wrong in just a couple of days when humaira entered my room to inform me that Ahmad was waiting for me downstairs. I told her I was coming.

I suddenly started sweating even though the air conditioner was on, I was very nervous.

I descended downstairs shaking like a fish inside water, I lowered my head and went inside our visitor's parlor, I salam'd and sat down without looking at his face.

15 minutes later, the room was still as silent as a graveyard, I dared not say a word and he wasn't saying anything either, I started contemplating whether I was the only one in the room.

So I raised my head to see him dressed in a blue kaftan , he was pressing his phone and at the same time smiling at his phone screen.

What the fuck !.

Walida_md 🤍.

NASRINOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara