CHAPTER 49

Warning 🔞: mature content below ! . If you can't read it , I will advise you to skip . Thank you 🌚.

Flashback*

"Ummah , ummah" I kept calling as I ran upstairs.

"Umma , aunty samira is here , I kept shouting , jumping with excitement till I got to my mothers room .

Ummah she's here ! , I shouted immediately I saw ummah folding her prayer mat .

"Toh allow me to rest mana , since she's finally here .

Twelve years old me smiled and ran to my box that was kept close to umma's bed .i dragged it towards umma . She was looking at me , laughing at how happy I was because her Bestfriend was here . And I would be spending my holiday at her place in kaduna .

"Umma let's go already, she's waiting for us" I whined , still struggling with my box .

"Ahmad , you should leave the box , you won't be able to carry it downstairs, murjanatu will come and take it down" umma said to me , trying to hold my hand , so we can walk downstairs.

No umma , I don't want murja to carry it , she's going to ruffle the cloths we arranged and I don't want my friends at aunty Samirah's house to see my cloths squeezed .

"Ahmad you will be the one ruffling them instead , you can't carry the box alone"

"What is happening here" we heard aunty samira's voice "

I ran and hugged her before whining at what umma said .

"Don't worry , we are going to carry it together" aunty samira said and I started jumping .

"You see , stop pampering this boy, he's old enough but he keeps behaving like a baby"umma said before walking in front of us .

"Leave us jare, we are going to have the best holiday of our life koh Ahmad ?" Aunty samira said , as she carried the box .

We got downstairs, I was already too excited to go , I didn't even go and bade abbah goodbye in his parlor .

"Aii daman nache , Samira is in this house" we heard Abba's voice as he came to the main parlor .

"Wlh sweetheart kaman kasani , I think we are selling Ahmad to her" umma said , making them laugh .

Aunty samira , it's enough already , let's start going . Abbah bye , umma bye" I whined almost walking out of the door .

"You guys should be on your way before he starts crying , you know what happened the last holiday" umma said , making me remember the last time I spent my holidays in aunty samira s house .

I was only nine years old then .

"No abbah I'm a big boy now" I said walking back to show him my muscles .

I was only twelve but my body was growing more mature than my thinking . At that age you could see traces of me having good bisects in years to come .

"Toh munji, all we know is , you will still come back to us in two week , aii you're running away from us" umma said faking hurt .

"No umma, I love you" I went to hug her before hugging abbah .

"Be a good boy , like you always are , okay , be careful of the new friends you make kaji" abbah said petting the back of my head .

That afternoon, I left happily with aunty samira , I love her so much because she understands me .