CHAPTER 43

Nasrin.

I couldn't open my eyes .
There was a weird smell and it hurt my nose , I tried to open my eyes but they felt really heavy .I felt something on my hand , a soft torch caressing my hand gently . From the way the hand caressed my hand tenderly . I knew it was mama .

I opened my eyes gently, my eyes itching from the rays of light ,I finally opened them and looked around .

Mama was sitted on a chair next to me and a drip was draped and inserted on my left hand . This really explains the smell , I was in a hospital.

I closed my eyes and opened them again ,still irritated by the light . My whole body felt sore and my neck stiffened.

"Mamana "mama softly called .

I felt a sharp piecing headache as I tried to shift my head on the pillow,my eyes were hurting and my jawlines stiff .

I looked her in the eye and she smiled holding my hands tighter .

I smiled weakly at her as I tried to sit on the bed .

"How are you feeling" she asked .
I didn't know what to say because the only good thing I felt right now was the air I was breathing and the fact that I was seeing her smile at me .

The door crept open and I averted my eyes from her to the door .

He stood there looking me in the eye ,holding a small bag. His eyes were red and he looked exhausted, I shifted my eyes from him.
In that white cloth he was wearing,I was only seeing a devil dressed in an angels cloth .

His presence irritated me and I only felt my eyes grow heavier .

"Sannu dazuwa Ahmad (you're welcome Ahmad ) "I heard mama say .

He greeted her and dropped the bag on a drawer.

"I didn't know what type of cloths to get her ,so I picked this from her wardrobe "I heard him say to mama.

I wanted to retaliate at the fact that he entered my room and even went through my wardrobe but my head was aching really bad .

I didn't know when a moan escaped my mouth almost coming out like a shout .

"Subhanallah nasrin ,what is wrong " mama asked ,worriedly standing up from her sit .

I heard the door open in a swift and the next thing was Ahmad entering the room with a doctor.

The doctor came over to me and checked on the drip before placing his hand on my forehead .

"Hello mrs nasrin "I'm doctor Ezekiel,I would like to know how you are feeling , and any internal pains ?"he asked calmly .

"I feel sore "I replied shortly .

"Okay , we need to do some tests and you have to stay here for two days "he said smiling.

I nodded before he said he needed to see ahmad at his office .

He injected me before asking mama to feed me with something warm .

If anything was to pass my throat the way I had no appetite right now , I was sure I was going to throw up .

I asked for water and she handed me , after gulping almost half of it . I felt a little bit better so I layed back on the bed and within minutes ,sleep caressed me.

*****
Today was the day I was being discharged, I was feeling much more better , the soreness was all gone and I was able to move my neck freely .

Mama and ummah were the ones in the room helping me pack , I haven't seen Ahmad since yesterday afternoon when he last came . While humaira and Asma were at home helping me arrange .