CHAPTER 3

NASRIN

Before I could say a word, Ameena smirked at me and drove off
I was in a big mess.

I couldn't even buy what mama sent me to buy, I was worried about what just happened, different thoughts of what Ameena might do with the pictures kept crossing my mind.

Ya Allah, I know this might be the end of my modeling career because a part of me knew she was going to broadcast the pictures on every social media on Earth.

"The famous model NASRIN MUHAMMAD KANGIRMO was found on the street of gwarimpa with no make up blaa and God I know how Nigerians take issues like this, rumors will be flying everywhere.

Some might even say I'm from a very poor background but hides it with the only modeling career I have and always put a rich face on the outside world.

I entered our house compound and noticed baba's car parked in the lot, it wasn't there when I left.

I knew he was at home, I entered our home with a salam, I saw humaira sitting on the couch facing the parlor's door munching only god knows what.

I went straight to the kitchen because I knew that was where I was going to find mama by this time.

I entered the kitchen without a Salam and saw mama dicing something on top of the kitchen counter, for the first time I noticed the way I looked like my mother, though her back was facing me.

she's tall and curvy, fair in complexion and very beautiful Ma sha Allah .

I was still looking at her when I heard her
Call my name.
"Nasrin" she called my name again and I answered.
"Naam(yes)  mama".

"Waton  keh ba'a koyamaki Salama bane (so no one thought you how to Salam right ? ). As usual, she started her normal ranting, I kept quiet and pretended like she wasn't talking to me.

"Bada Keh nake bah"(am I not talking to you).

"Where is the stuff I sent you to get from Malam sule  ?".

I told her he wasn't around when I got to his shop.

I heard her say something like " kedai Kika Sani(That's your business ) before I ran upstairs to my room.

I know I'm acting too dramatic but right now I miss the comfort of my room.

I entered my room and jumped on my bed, I checked under my pillow and saw my phone, I decided to call my best friend rufaida. I dialed her number and after the third ring she picked up the call.

"Hey best friend  "I heard her say over the phone.

"ruffy "I replied.

We chatted for some time before I decided to tell her what happened between me and Ameena Abubakar.

She was amused at first but later felt bad because she knew I was going to be in trouble.

We ended the call after agreeing she was going to come over tomorrow so we could hang out.

..........
The next day I woke up very late because I slept late, after watching seven episodes of grown-ish.
I went into my bathroom to do my morning business, I took my bath and dressed in a white top with a black straight skirt, I ended up topping my dress with a green kimono and black veil.
I hopped downstairs and met everyone sitting at the dining table eating breakfast, I greeted mama and baba then took a seat beside humaira. she was so engrossed in operating her phone, that she didn't even notice I was sitting next to her.

Baba asked me where I was heading and I told him I was going out with rufaida. He replied to me by just nodding his head, it was his normal way of replying to us. I don't know why our dad was not free with us like other dads.   

He always had a grumpy face, sometimes I thought my dad was possessed with aljanu(Jin) "how funny".

Mama later told me to get back before Maghrib prayer, I nodded and left the dining room.

I took one selfie before leaving the house and uploaded it on my Snapchat and IG story.

I called Malam Shehu our driver to take me to Coldstone because that was where I and ruffy were scheduled to meet

I entered the car and greeted malam shehu "Inna wuni " (good afternoon). He answered me with "hajiya Karama ya kike? ( small hajiya how are you?), I replied with a lafiya ( fine ) and he started driving.

When I saw ruffy I was very happy because I missed her, the last time I saw her was on our vacation day.
she was very happy to see me too.

We ordered ice cream and pizza and we catchup all the amebo ( gist) we couldn't say on phone, we took some pictures and I posted my favorite among all the pictures on Instagram.

I went home and met mama cooking, I changed and came downstairs to help her, it was fun because mama was gisting me about her childhood.

The first time she cooked Jollof rice and it turned into porridge rice and how her friends started calling her "hajiya Mai Patten shinkafa"(hajiya porridge rice).

I ate my dinner and ran upstairs to my room, I jumped on my bed and picked up my phone.

I turned on my cellular data and decided to check on the picture I posted on Instagram before replying to my friends on Snapchat and WhatsApp.

A notification popped up on my screen, someone tagged me on Instagram, at first I thought ruffy was the one who posted the pictures we took today and tagged me.

But what I saw made me see red, to say I was shocked was an understatement .

Who do you think tagged Nasrin?

Walida_md 🥀