CHAPTER 5

ALHAJI MOHAMMED KANGIRMO.

My secretary came into my office to drop a business report on the growth of my business, and it shows that my business has grown by 5%.

I was ecstatic but I kept my facial expression neutral to keep up the strict persona that I always had even with my children.

I have always been an introvert because I feel if you bring down your walls people will crush you and as a businessman, I have many rivals, they will do anything to destroy you at any chance they get.

While lost in my thoughts I didn't notice it was already noon, so I decided to have a break and get coffee.

When the elevator door opened I noticed a group of interns looking at something, I didn't know what could be so interesting but I decided to ignore them since it was already lunch break.

when I passed them I heard a faint call of my daughter's name (Nasrin)but I ignored it thinking it could be any other person.

I poured some coffee into a mug and made my way back to the elevator, I still saw the same group of workers at that spot, so I decided to tell my secretary to call one of them to my office.

I was reading a newspaper when I heard a knock on the door, I answered with a "come in".

"Salamalaikum(peace be onto you)"the young intern said, I replied with a "wslm(peace be onto you too) ".

I asked, "why were you all gathered there, what was so interesting".

She hesitated before answering in a shaky voice "there is a picture of your daughter going viral on the internet, sir".

Does she mean Hamida I thought to myself, then I told her "show me the picture"?

She reluctantly brought out her phone and typed in something before showing me the screen of the phone.
I was shocked by what I saw, my daughter NASRIN MUHAMMAD KANGIRMO a top model? I couldn't even react to what I saw, I was still processing the words written on the phone screen.

I told the intern to leave my office, I was beyond furious. Here I was thinking my rivals would do anything to jeopardize my reputation, not knowing my daughter could do it in a day.

Nasrin.

"Addah Hamida" I screamed forgetting all about my cramps.

I was so happy to see her "why didn't you inform us before coming," I asked her, she laughed and squeezed my ears and I scowled at her."Did you buy the set of palazzo trousers I asked you to buy".

"walahi Nasrin bakida mutumci(walhi Nasrin you are not serious), even for once you didn't even call me when I was in school, and yet you are asking me for palazzo trouser, no be only palazzo," she said and rolled her eyes.

she dragged humaira and they went up to her room, I was kinda jealous but I knew she was just kidding.
I went up to my room and pressed the play button on my Mac and continued watching bird box.

Few minutes before the end of the movie I remembered school was resuming on Monday, and I still had a bird's nest on my head.

I hurried and dressed up in a white top and blue Ash skirt with an Ash veil.
I hopped downstairs and saw mama and her two other daughters.

I playfully said"mama so I'm not yet dead and you are already having a gisting time with my sisters"mama just laughed and continued what she was saying, addah Hamida smirked at me and humaira started laughing.

I informed mama that I and humaira were going to make our hair,humaira hastily went upstairs to change into something nice.

When she came down we told mama and addah Hamida goodbye and we left the parlor.
We took a selfie with humaira's phone.

After plaiting our hair, I told Malam Shehu to drop us at ShopRite so I could buy sanitary pads and other things

I ended up buying chocolates and ice cream though I still bought the sanitary pads.

We went home before maghrib prayer and met mama and addah Hamida cooking dinner, I hurried upstairs and changed into something simple and came back downstairs to help in the kitchen, humaira later joined us and we cooked potatoes in chicken curry sauce with steamed white rice and fried plantain.

Then we made a yummy dessert of carrot cake and fresh watermelon juice.

Cooking with mama and my sisters was so much fun.
I ate dinner and went upstairs to my room to retire for the day.

I was looking for my phone so I could turn it on when humaira burst into my room and told me baba was calling, she said he was very angry.

I wore a long orange hijab and went downstairs to meet him.
I kept wondering why he is calling me.

my conscience was telling me

"I was in big trouble!.

Walida_md🤍