CHAPTER 6

NASRIN.

I adjusted my hijab and entered baba's parlor, I saw baba sitting on the couch facing his parlor door.

I also noticed mama sitting at the other end of the parlor, I salaamed and greeted them both.

He ignored me and his usual blank expression was replaced by fury while mama answered me with a cold tone.
At that moment I knew my conscience was right.
I was in trouble.

"Nasrin" I heard baba suddenly call.
"have you ever lacked anything in this house"?

" no" I answered.

I looked at mama to see if her facial expression would give out anything but her face was blank.

Baba asked me a question that left me Frozen in shock.

"Why did you choose to tarnish my reputation"

I kept quiet because I didn't know what he was talking about.

"My daughter is a MODEL" he swiftly said.

That was when my world came crashing down, my body was shaking in fear.

"won't you reply," mama asked me?

My mind was in chaos, I couldn't even imagine how they found that picture, they're not on any social media platform.

"errrm errm I.." I tried to talk but I started stuttering

"Maryam" baba called mama's name.

He was now looking very angry.
"I have always told you to set boundaries for these children, but you turned deaf ears, you always allowed them to do whatever they felt like doing, and here is the outcome, your daughter was advertising her own body and beauty on the internet.

"Are you a good father either"mama replied Instantaneously.
You never have time for your children, you don't even spare them a smile and yet you expect me to set boundaries for them, all you care about is your business.

What Nasrin did was wrong but you are to be blamed.

Minutes after minutes, the fight between mama and baba kept worsening.

I know I was the cause of the fight, I broke the trust they both had in me, especially baba, I didn't know what baba will do to me, and I was crying profusely.

I was still in my trance when I heard baba bellow my name.

"Nasrin"

he didn't even allow me to answer, the next thing he said made my world crumble at my feet!.

Walida_md🤍