CHAPTER 10

NASRIN.

Today, 20th of October was the day my life(bridal gift ) was to be brought by Ahmad's family.

Since our last meeting, I haven't heard from Ahmad, he didn't come to see me again or even  call me, I don't care.

I woke up early following Mama's orders, I took my bath and dressed in a black and blue Ankara flay gown, did a mini make-up, carried my black Lv bag, and went out of my room.
I went straight to Mama's room, I met her arranging something on her bed.

"Mama Inna kwana "(good morning), greeted her while squatting.
"antashi lafiya "(how was your night )she replied.
"alhamdulillah I said.

Ever since mama found out about my modeling career, she hasn't been the same mama I knew, she's always avoiding me, I know I broke her trust but wlh I wish I can change back the hands of time.

"Kada kidawo Gida Saina Kira ki"(don't come back home till I call you)she said.

Today I wasn't allowed to be seen at home because Ahmad's family will be bringing my lefe.

I met our driver in the parking lot and asked him to take me to Karu, where rufaida live's

In 30 minutes we arrived at rufys house, it was a milk and brown mansion, I always admired the setting of their home.

Ruffys father is the IG of police in Nigeria, he is a very strict man but he still cares and has time for his children, unlike baba. he married three wives and they all live happily with each other.

ruffys mother(hajiya Salima)is a young Fulani woman, she's beautiful, caring and calm, I guess that was where ruffy got her traits from.

Malam Shehu packed our car in their parking lot and I hurriedly open the door, wallah I just can't wait to see ruffy.

I entered their rufaidas part of the house through their kitchen Door at the back and saw Mary their ever caring housemaid ,this lady over here was too good, I like her, ruffy told me her mom was already planning a grand wedding for mary.

"good afternoon" she greeted, Mary how are you doing I replied hugging her.

I'm fine" she said, two days we no dey see you for our house(we haven't seen you here in like forever ), she continued.

No, it's not like that, I said.

It's just that I will soon get married, I said bitterly.
Ahhhh we can't wait oooooh she said while smiling, I smiled back and left the kitchen to Meet ruffy.

Rufyyy!!!I shouted while bursting inside her room, this girl is Soo lazy, she was still sleeping and it was already noon.

I kept on shouting her name to wake her up but this idiot here didn't budge, I had a silly plan so I ran downstairs to their kitchen.
Ohhhhh yes I'm a trouble maker.

I filled a cup with chilled water from their dispenser and ran upstairs, I entered her room and smiled mischievously.

One .....two.......readyyyyyyyy..........gooooooooo! and I purred all the water on our dear sleeping beauty and I started laughing.

"Wayoooo Allah" came ruffys sleepy voice, I couldn't help but laugh harder.

Kehh meyehaka (what is this)said ruffy trying hard not to cry.
I looked up at her head and what I saw made me fall to the ground and laugh harder.

Ruffys hair was clinging to every corner of her head and it was wet.

"What a sight to behold"I shouted while pointing towards her head.