𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙼𝚊𝚍 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

2.8k words

༻✦༺

Have you ever experienced Mad Love?

It's an extraordinary feeling, that leaves the heart soaring like it's floating above an endless string of clouds. They become all that you know and breathe, and everything you do, you do it for them.

They live at the center of your very soul. And they whisper their sweet desires into your easily persuaded heart, the heart that beats their divine name.

It's the most passionate and consuming love there is, but don't let the enchantment fool you. Mad love can easily corrupt the purest of hearts, especially when it is given to the wickedly deranged.

Your skewed heart and mind will no longer see the darkness in them that is seen by others. The imminent beauty of it all shadows over your perception.

Others will continue to see a vile devil, while you see nothing but a charming angel.

For you, have loved to the point of madness.

༻✦༺
For this hospital, it doesn't really look like a hospital where it's white and covered in marbled floors. I'll be describing it differently, but you can still picture it however you want(:

(y/n)'s POV
I stood outside of the large, tall building known as the Coruscant Mental Institution for the Criminally Insane.

This has been my dream job ever since I decided to go into this profession. Many think I'm the one that's insane for wanting to work in the one place that holds the worst of the worst.

But the way I see it is; why go through all the hard work I have, only to sit in an office and listen to people's everyday issues, consisting of their unfair bosses and their cheating spouses.

That is what I would consider boring, and uninteresting.

But with the criminally insane, I happen to find them fascinating, and anything but boring. Their minds work in ways unlike any other, and I'm here to study them, to see what really makes them tick. To learn the trigger that can make a normal everyday person, fall into a category of animalistic behavior.

I breathed out a nervous sigh, and trudged up the stone steps to reach the large double doors, "Do you have your badge?" The brunette haired security guard at the door questioned in a bored tone; not even bothering to give me a proper greeting.

I smiled to the man politely, "Sorry no, today is my first day so I don't have one just yet. But my name is (y/n) (y/l/n)." I informed him; hoping that he had at least been given my name and was told that the head of the institution was expecting me.

He nodded, his eyes flashing with realization. Then he snorted while looking me up and down; prompting me to knit my brows at his actions, "Good luck in there Miss (y/l/n) and do keep a tight grip on anything sharp." He raised his own badge to a key pad, and the door in front of us made a buzzing noise as a light about the pad flashed green. He then pulled open the door harshly without giving me a second glance.

"Thank you." I responded with a courteous nod, even though I was bit annoyed with his ill-mannered attitude. But I wasn't going to let his sourness ruin my mood, I was content, and I was excited to be here.