𝟺-𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐

2.3k words
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
"I hear you're cheating on me." Anakin insinuated as he adjusted his position in the chair; causing the metal joints to creak loud enough to echo off of the walls.

I paused from my writing, and slowly looked up to him with knitted brows, "I'm what?" I asked; confused on what he could possibly mean by that.

He lifted his chin slightly and his eyes gazed into mine with assertion. I took an unprofessional note on how the blue crystal-like color glimmered in the light, almost like how the sun shines on the dancing ocean. For being an unhinged killer, he was a gorgeous man and it's nearly impossible to deny that. But I guess that's what makes him all the more dangerous; you can easily see a sweet angel on the first glance, completely missing the murderous devil that lurks underneath.

"Cheating; with Mace Windu," He finally spoke with disdain, "He's been going on all morning about how he has a session appointment with the 'hot doctor'." He mocked the words in a childish tone, "And I know he's talking about you. The other doctors here look like they're ready to be six feet underground within the next week."

I see what he means now; Mace Windu is my new patient that was assigned to me today. I plan to have my first session with him right after this one, "It is my job Anakin, I'm going to be having a multitude of patients," I explained as I glanced back down to my notepad to finish my last note, "Don't worry; you're still my primary so I'll be seeing you more than anyone else. And besides, sharing is caring." I teased before setting my finished notes onto the table, and closing the book.

He snorted through his nose with a heavy eye roll; clearly irritated by the idea of me having more than just him as my patient. Although, I don't see what the issue is, but then again; I have yet to understand him entirely, "I'm not one to share." He locked his darkened eyes with mine as he leaned forward, and began fiddling with the chains that were keeping him connected to the table, "I also happen to not like him."

"Well," I placed my hand on top of my notepad, and steadily tapped my fingers along it in a row, due to habit, "You don't have much of a choice in the matter. I'm going to have multiple patients, just as you have multiple nurses and doctors; it's how this place works." I spoke with attitude as I lifted my hand, and gestured around the room with my pen.

His annoyed expression faltered into an amused one, "Someone is a little feisty today," He smiled as he leaned his back into the chair, and eyed me up and down slowly, "Does this mean you're still mad about last night?" He asked innocently with sparkling, doe eyes.

"Slightly irritated yes," I admitted with a sigh as I suppressed a yawn, "But not mad." I was mostly just annoyed that his little stunt took time away from my work, and caused me to have to stay later than I had hoped. So yes, I was currently tired and a bit grumpy from lack of sleep.

"I'd apologize, but I'm not actually sorry since I got to see you out of session," His smile grew into an alluring one, "So, I guess you'll just have to punish me Doc." He teased as he bit his bottom lip to appear flirtatious; something I was starting to get used to when it came to him. But this type of behavior is something I expected when it came to working with the men in here.

Because, well, they're men. And they've been here for quite some time.

Usually I'd roll my eyes and brush it away, but today, since I was tired and irritated; I was feeling petty, "It seems I do Skywalker." I shot him a sarcastic smile while I stood up from the chair, and his eyes followed me curiously, "And for your punishment," I spoke slowly as I walked over to the door with a sweet smile, and placed my hand on the handle, "I'm ending this session early, since I have my new patient waiting for me." I opened the door for the guards to come in, and I left afterwards since my session with Mace was in a separate room.