𝟸𝟸-𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗

2.8k words
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
"You should be here with hi-" I pressed the end call button and aggressively slammed my phone down on the desk, wishing that Jackson's parents would stop calling me. I got the doctor when he woke up, and I phoned them to let them know he was conscious - then I left.

I didn't want to be around him; he's a cheater, an abuser, a manipulator, and a liar. I may have loved him once, but those feelings are no longer existent. Everything he put me through - slowly twisted any love I had into a deep loathing. I stopped caring for him a long time ago, the only thing that was keeping me around - was fear.

But I'm not afraid anymore, mainly because he's in critical condition and unable to hurt me from where he is. Plus by the time he's out, I'll be long gone - living a happier life with someone I know would never hurt me in the same way.

The phone immediately began ringing again; the vibrations causing it to shake, and move around the desk. This time I chose to ignore it, not even bothering to check the caller ID since it's obvious who it was.

I began reading through a few of my notes from Ahsoka's session yesterday - since I didn't really have anything else to do for the time being. I didn't have any sessions with her or Anakin today, I'm actually not supposed to be here - it's my usual day off.

But with me being off of work lately, I didn't really need an extra day off work. Besides, I didn't want be home either just in case one of Jackson's parents try looking for me.

I was pulled out of my readings by a light knock on my office door. I closed the notebook and sat up straight with a sigh, "Come in."

The door slowly opened, and my stomach dropped when a smiling Doctor Kenobi waltzed into the room, "I hope I'm not intruding or anything but I heard you were here today, and I've been meaning to come and talk to you."

I placed a fake smile on my face to hide my discomfort, and gestured to the empty chair across from my desk, "Of course not, you're always welcome."

He took a seat and leaned back - resting his locked hands on his lap, "How was everything with Ahsoka yesterday?"

I casually tapped my fingers along the desk as I ignored the continuous vibrations from my cell phone, "Better than I expected. She didn't open up as much as I was hoping, but I'm confident she will with time."

He nodded, before tilting his head, "And with Anakin?"

I swallowed - doing my best to hide my loathing at the sound of that sweet name dripping from his vile tongue. It enrages me that he's been torturing the man I've grown to deeply care for.

I inhaled heavily and kept my fake smile plastered across my cheeks, "Perfect as always." Vivid memories of being bent over the table filled my mind.

"I've noticed that you and him have grown close." He implied, crossing his arms over his chest - his eyes holding a bit of an accusation.

I continued acting nonchalantly, even though my palms were currently sweating, and I discreetly began wiping them on my pants, "As close as a doctor can platonically get with their patient," I shrugged, "I've done my best to build somewhat of a friendship in an effort to gain his trust, and now he opens up to me. That is what you wanted, is it not?" I was actually surprised at myself for how confident I sounded. I've never really been a good liar.