𝟷𝟷-𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚎

3.4k words
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
Tension was resting agonizingly in the air surrounding us while we waited for the elevator doors to open. We were leaning on the walls opposite of each other, and I was glancing down at the floor; completely in shock over what just happened.

It was the most electrifying, passionate experience I ever had in my life; and it only lasted for thirty seconds. I've been with Jackson for years, and he has never once made my body react in that way, no one ever has.

My mind was still fuzzy, doing it's best to comprehend it all. Because in that moment, it was like everything in my body had become utterly consumed by him; and it was craving more, like an addict yearning for their fix.

It was dangerously thrilling.

Not to mention, I just cheated on my fiancé, and I strangely didn't feel guilty about it. In a way, I felt like he deserved it. A part of me even wanted him to know, hoping it brought him pain, so he could feel just a fraction of what he's put me through. But then again, he'd probably kill me, or bring me close to it. I can't just walk away like most people can, I'm scared and I'm trapped. And if I even attempt to press domestic violence charges, it would blow up in my face since he's a respected officer, and I'm just the weirdo who works with the crazies. He may even make an argument that my injuries are from work. No one would believe my word over his, except for one person who does believe me.

As I was lost in my thoughts; I could feel Anakin's stare and so I slowly looked up to meet his gaze. He held up his index finger and gestured for me to come to him. My body was already moving before my brain even had a chance to grasp his request, "What are you thinking about hm?" He asked softly; bringing his hand up and slowly brushing my hair away from my face, my heart fluttered from the act.

I swallowed, and shook my head; biting the inside of my cheek nervously, "Nothing."

Without taking his eyes off of me, he reached over and stopped the slow elevator once more. Then he lowered his face down, and grazed his lips against my ear, "You can't lie to me sweetheart. I've learned to read you, just as much as you've learned to read me," He whispered into my ear; making me involuntarily shiver from his cold breath. He brought his hands lower, and gripped my hips tightly, pulling me against him.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I spoke breathlessly; my heart racing and my mind fogging over once more. He's gaining a hold that he knows is becoming impossible to resist, and I just had one question in my mind; why me?

He raised his head slightly so our eyes could meet, but he was still intoxicatingly close, "Because I like you Doc, I thought that part was obvious?" He uttered sweetly, before bringing his lips to mine again. I felt that familiar fire-filled passion ignite inside of me, and I absentmindedly wrapped my arms around his neck; deepening the forbidden embrace.

Just like before, my mind was screaming at me to back away; that this was wrong in so many ways. But every other part of me was begging to remain in place; his touch made every nerve in my body erupt like a burning flame, and I could feel myself drowning in his vicious lust.

I liked him, I liked him more than a doctor should like their patient. It was only now that I realized I had been slowly falling into his charm as everyday passed by. But I couldn't understand why, he was a murderer, he was psychotic, he was dangerous. But then again; he made me feel safe, he made me feel cared for, he made me feel like I mattered, and in a way, he understood me.