𝟸𝟼-𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛

Okay okay, this is the last update for the week - at least until next Tuesday. I need to catch up on the updates of my other stories now ahhh I'm so sorry I neglected them for those of you who read my other works. But inspiration for this sorry was just pouring in and it's all I was motivated to write.

Second update of the day and fifth of the week so make sure not to accidentally skip any ❤️

3.4k words
༻✦༺

One week later

(y/n)'s POV
I clicked the ignore call button from Jackson's mom and threw my phone on the coffee table. I brought my legs up and sat criss-crossed while I dived myself back into the carton of ice cream. I glanced up at the screen of my television with tears in my eyes as I shook my head, "There was definitely enough room on that door for both of you." I shoved a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth, "Or you could've at least taken turns." I sniffled with an eye roll as I went for another bite - only to realize I just finished the whole carton.. in one sitting, "Well fuck."

I shamefully got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to toss the empty carton into the trash. I threw it on top of the candy wrappers and empty bottles of booze.

To say that this has been the worst week of my life, is definitely an understatement. The pain hasn't dulled, I only cope by keeping myself busy with movies, books, or even taking pills to just knock my ass out for a few hours. I did everything I could think of just so I didn't think about him, and how much I hated, yet missed him.

He's in my dreams almost every night, and it's usually the same. We're in a session with him smiling at me from across the table, calling me his sweetheart and telling me how much he regrets leaving me behind.

But then I wake up, and all hope I had in my heart slowly faded away - replaced by a feeling of emptiness, loneliness.

I stayed up late a few nights, hoping he would show up like he did the first night. But he never came, and I never got another rose. I don't even know if it was him who brought it, it could've easily been an employee that he asked to come and check on me.

But why even bother? He left me.

Suddenly feeling the strong urge to drink again, I grabbed my car keys from the hook and went for the front door. I completely ignored the buzzing of my phone, deciding to leave it here instead as I walked out of the door and locked it securely behind me.

I got into my car and drove the distance to the liquor store. They're probably going to think I'm completely insane with how often I've been there this week alone - I've been experimenting with different drinks so I tend to buy a new one every day.

After purchasing a strong Tequila that I have yet to try, I thanked the cashier who gave me a sympathetic smile and proceeded to get back into my car.

I glanced up into my rearview mirror to prepare to reverse, but paused when I noticed the same black car that I've been seeing around for the past week.

I've never seen who was inside since every window is blacked out, even the front windshield. But I had an idea on who it could be. I didn't think it was him, he doesn't do grunt work, but I know he's the one who has someone following me.