𝟾-𝙼𝚢 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚒

3.2k words ❤️
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I was running late, again. It was my own fault this time though. I stayed up late looking through my book, and giggling at the random notes Anakin left throughout the pages. Not to mention it was difficult to take my eyes away from the beautiful drawing that was left for me, I absolutely adored it. It was a sweet gesture, and sweet gestures are foreign to me.

So, since my mind was occupied by a certain blue-eyed psychopath, I forgot to set an alarm for the morning and woke up late. Jackson didn't brother to wake me up when he left for work either, and I know he knew I worked early today. But we just haven't really spoken since yesterday's bathroom incident.

Nevertheless, even though I was running late, I still took the time to stop at my local coffee shop, and get Anakin his coffee. He tends to be moody and less talkative if I don't bring it; although I do find his moody self to be rather entertaining, "Hi can I get a large vanilla iced coffee, with extra sweetener please?"

"Of course, how much extra would you like? It already comes with six pumps." The woman spoke politely through the speaker.

"Double it."

She was quiet for a moment, "So.. you want twelve pumps of vanilla sweetener?" She asked with uncertainty in her tone.

I nodded even though she couldn't see me, "Yup I would like to taste the diabetes please." Which is exactly what Anakin is going to get from drinking his coffee this way. I even tried doing less than twelve once, that didn't go over very well. Apparently it tasted like 'piss' which it really didn't, but I've learned that he can be a bit dramatic.

"Alright I'll have your total at the window." She spoke in an amused tone.

"Thank you."

༻✦༺

I stepped into the foyer-like entry way of the hospital, but I paused when I noticed about six cops in the building, talking to Doctor Kenobi. Luckily they weren't the same annoying ones as before. But not luckily, I happened to personally know one of them.

"Jackson? What's going on; what are you doing here?" I asked my fiancé when he walked over to me with heavy footsteps, that were prompted by his heavyset work boots.

He sighed and crossed his arms over chest; looking down at me with a concerned gaze, "Apparently one of the night guards was killed, a cleaning lady found him in the supply closet this morning; throat." He made a gesture to his neck, indicating how the poor man was killed.

"Are you serious?" My eyes widened, and he nodded. My mind immediately jumped back to last night, remembering how I never once saw the guard walking down the halls. I grew sick when I realized that this was probably the reason why, "Do you know anything?" I asked; wondering who could have done this, and why.

Jackson shook his head, "No, so far we have nothing. And there's no security cameras in this hospital either, for patient privacy," He rolled his eyes heavily at the basic knowledge that most hospitals don't have security cameras; it's considered unethical, "So we really have nothing." He groaned; running his hands through his short, dark brown hair.

I didn't really know what to say or even how to react right now; I was completely shocked, and confused.

My mind was racing, and I came to a theory of who I suspected it could have been; Anakin? I wouldn't put it past him to do it, just so he could have uninterrupted time with me last night. But I don't want to jump to conclusions yet just because of who he is, and what he did barely last week to Windu.