𝟻𝟷 - 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝

3.3k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
To my luck, the elevator right next to the morgue just happens to lead up into the same hall where the infirmary doors reside. But to my annoyance, I wasted time piling the morgue employees into a closet where I locked them in, and I'm stuck on the slowest elevator known to man.

13 minutes

I heavily rolled my eyes with a long sigh as I waited for the doors to open. The dull elevator music filled the entire space and I momentarily debated on shooting the speaker to make it stop.

But right as I decided to aim my gun at the speaker, the elevator doors slid open, and I immediately dropped my gun back down to aim it into the hallway.

12 minutes

Gazing into the long corridor, I could see the doors where my kids were and I saw the large amount of guards posted outside. This may seem extreme to have this many bodies for just two kids and one man. But the reputation my gang proceeds strikes fear into most hearts; they're trying to feel safe with their large numbers. Especially since they suspect that I'm involved, and that terrifies them - I can tell by the way they're shaking.

I shouldn't be flattered by this, but I am.

"Hello gentleman," I gained their attention, which could've been a mistake, but I needed them focused on me and not my kids. They all quickly whipped their heads in my direction, their eyes staring down the barrel of my gun that is much bigger than theirs, "Not to brag but, I am bigger than you," I nudged my gun upwards with a smirk, "So we can do this the easy way or the-"

"That's him, fire!" One of them so rudely interrupted me, and they all began to fire in my direction.

"Hard way it is then," I mumbled as I quickly backed up and took cover on the side of the elevator. But it wasn't big enough to fully cover me, and I almost got hit about half a dozen times, so an idea came to mind.

11 minutes

I pressed the button for the elevator doors to close and when they were about half-way open, I pushed the emergency stop button. The doors froze in their ajar position; creating more cover for me, while also leaving an opening big enough for me to fit through.

So far there wasn't much that I could do. They hadn't stopped firing since they started and I remained hidden the best I could, "Halt!" The same one who told them to fire yelled, and the shooting slowly ceased.

10 minutes

"Did we get him?"

"Get closer."

"I don't hear anything."

I smiled before groaning as if I was in deep pain, and then I purposely dropped my gun into the middle of the elevator; allowing them to momentarily drop their guard and approach me closer with less caution.

The sound of their footsteps almost near the entrance, set off an alarm in my mind. I dropped to the floor, picking up the gun in the process and aiming it out into the hallway. They didn't even have enough time to register what happened before I started firing.