𝟺𝟹-𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐

2.6k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
With my eyes glued to the ceiling; I exhaled a long breath as my mind tortured me by bringing forth images and memories that were keeping me from peacefully sleeping alongside my partner.

I slowly turned my head to look at her; she was currently facing me with her arm under her silk pillow, and her eyes were blissfully closed while she lightly snored.

I didn't want to disturb her peace, but I couldn't stop myself from raising my hand and lightly stroking her cheek with the tips of my fingers. She exhaled softly upon my touch, but her eyes never opened and she remained in her deep slumber.

It's no secret that I'm crazy for her.

It took me a long time to register and come to terms with these feelings that crawled their way into my heart. But now I understand and accept them; I was deeply in love with her. She makes me feel things that I never thought were possible, and I can hardly see a life without her.

A woman who was meant to be a pawn, apart of an elaborate game; has now become one of my greatest weaknesses.

But despite having the love of my life all to myself, safe and alive. I still wasn't the happiest I could be.

And It has nothing to do with her, everything with her is perfect. But it does have everything to do with the reason why I can't sleep right now.

There's one person missing from my life, one person I have on my mind too often. Even in the asylum, I thought about them nearly everyday; they're someone who holds a dear place in my cold heart.

I sighed as I retracted my hand and tossed the blanket off of me to get out of the bed. I checked to make sure my movements didn't wake (y/n) up since she gets incredibly moody if her sleep is disturbed. Luckily she still seemed to be knocked out - we did have a bit of an eventful night after getting home, so it's no surprise that her body is exhausted beyond my ability to wake her up.

I tried to be as quiet as I could be as I walked away from the bed towards the exit, and when I slowly opened the bedroom door; I cringed to myself when the hinges creaked loud enough for whole damn house to hear.

I checked on her one more time, only to see her shift her positions so she was now laying on her other side. I patiently waited to hear her light snoring return before stepping out, and closing the door softly behind me.

I walked down the hallway as I placed my hand in my pajama pocket, and pulled out my the cell phone I grabbed from the nightstand on my way out.

I scrolled through the contacts until I found the one I wanted, and pressed the call the button before nervously placing it against my ear. I anxiously waited for an answer, and when I finally got one - I was nearly brought the brink of tears.

"Hello?"

I choked on my words, finding it hard to speak. This was my first time hearing his voice in years, and it took me by surprise; it was the same but also different, he sounded older.

"Hey kid," I finally addressed Cal after I heard him ask Rex if the phone actually worked because he couldn't hear anything. There was a long silence on the other end after I spoke, and I took that as my cue to speak again since it seems he wasn't going to, "Look, I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to right now-"