𝟷𝟸-𝚄𝚗𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕

2.5k words
༻✦༺
(TW:DV)

(y/n)'s POV
I was laying in bed, facing the wall when I heard Jackson coming into the bedroom after his shift. He didn't speak to me—thankfully—but noisily changed out of his work clothes, before laying in the bed next to me.

Usually I'm asleep when he gets home, but my mind was too busy being consumed by thoughts of Anakin. I couldn't stop thinking about him, or our heated moment in the elevator. I kept playing it in my head on repeat; enjoying the way it made my heart soar like it was floating above an endless string of clouds. It was new, it was intense, and I unwisely welcomed the impermissible feeling.

I felt Jackson shift in his movements next to me, until his arm flung over my body, and he tried hugging me to him, "I'm so sorry about earlier babe; I was just stressed from work."

Aren't you always?

Instead of verbally responding to him, I grabbed his arm and boldly threw it off of me. Then I hugged the blanket tighter against my chest, and closed my eyes. I'm so tired of hearing the same excuse, it's never going to end; things are never going to change.

"When someone apologizes," He gripped my shoulder harshly, and pulled on me so I was laying on my back, and could see his dark eyes peering into mine while he hovered over me, "It's the respectful thing, to accept it."

"I'd accept it, if I felt like you deserved it." I scoffed; getting bolder by the minute, and I already knew this wasn't going to end well for me. But I didn't care anymore, I was emotionally exhausted.

He pressed his tongue to the inside of his cheek for a moment as he appeared to be in thought, then his next act was something I didn't expect. I'm usually used to a smack, a shove, or even a harsh pull of the hair, but this was different. He gripped my neck aggressively, and squeezed until I could no longer breathe.

I instantly believed that this was it, this was the moment he was finally going to kill me, "When I sent you home, I really thought that you would come here and think about how you talk to me."

I grabbed ahold of his wrist to try and tug his hold off of me, but there was no use; he overpowered me easily.

"But that mouth of yours is getting to be a real piece of work," His grip on me tightened; everything around me began to blur, while my head felt dizzy from the lack of oxygen reaching my brain, "Learn your place (y/n), before I beat you into it," He released his grip on me while also pushing me away, and I took in a deep inhale that burned my throat.

I coughed violently from the pain; tears brimming my eyes as I felt a new wave of fear towards him. He turned away so his back was facing me, and I held my hand up to my throat; massaging the sore area while I cried quietly.

Wishing, pleading, praying for freedom from this hellish prison I was trapped in.

༻✦༺

Confused; I stood in the room I usually had my sessions with Anakin in, but it was empty.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist; checking to see if I just happened to be early, but no, I was actually a few minutes late; as usual. So, he should be here waiting for me as he always is.