𝟷𝟶-𝙰 𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛

(TW:Blood, Murder, Gory death)
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I felt a light tapping on my cheek, and I turned my head to the side with a groan, "What happened?" I mumbled; slowly opening my eyes and meeting a pair of crystal blue ones staring down at me.

Anakin was currently bending over me with an amused smile, "You fainted." He informed me nonchalantly, and I furrowed my brows in confusion before slowly getting up in a seating position.

I took in my surroundings for a moment; not remembering why I fainted or why I was here- my eyes landed on a dead body next to me, and then another one only a few feet away. That's when it all hit me, and my eyes widened in horror, "Holy shit," I began to hyperventilate. I watched someone I know get murdered, and now I'm covered in the blood of said murderer, "Holy shit." I repeated a little louder.

"Relax," A hand gripped my chin, and Anakin moved my gaze away from the bodies so my eyes could lock with his ocean eyes. They had a calming affect, like the actual ocean when you sit on the beach and watch the waves crash on the sand; forgetting life's worries, "This is exactly how you reacted before you fainted, so calm down before you do it again." He spoke with authority, but his tone was still soft, "Just breathe."

I nodded slowly and controlled my breathing without taking my eyes off of him; like he alone was the source of my serenity, "What is going on out there?" I asked; my voice coming out shakier than I intended it to. But I was still a bit distraught over everything I just witnessed. I knew this job had its risks, but never did I think I would have to go through something like this.

Anakin helped me to my feet, "Someone broke into the control center, and unlocked all the cell doors." He informed me with a smile.

My eyes widened more; every single patient in this place loose. No wonder the security isn't of much help, their numbers are nothing compared to the amount of patients in this building, "Was it you?" I asked breathlessly; taking in his appearance. He had splatters of dark red blood on the front of his jumpsuit, and a little on his chin.

He shook his head, "No, but I do know-" His eyes snapped behind me and his gaze darkened. He quickly gripped the front of my shirt; pulling me into his chest with one arm tightly wrapped around me. So tight that he had my face buried into his chest, and I could hardly move, "Leave." He growled to someone that I was unable to see.

"You're not gonna keep that pretty Doctor all to yourself are you Skywalker?" A male voice echoed from behind me, and my heart began to race again with worry.

"Yes, she's mine, so leave." Anakin snapped through gritted teeth, his arm around me tightening; and I pushed myself closer into his hold to feel safer. Which feels strange to me since he's considered one of the most dangerous men in this building; but he has never made me feel unsafe or afraid. In fact, he's saved my life twice now, and I haven't even told him 'thank you'.

The man chuckled, "Or what? You might be something out there, but in here you're just like the rest of us; you don't scare me."

Now Anakin chuckled, but his sounded more menacing, "Would you like me to prove to you how wrong you are?" His hold on me loosened slightly, "And how afraid you should really be?"

I heard the sound of footsteps as the man walked closer, and I knew that was his way of accepting Anakin's challenge, "Maybe I'll keep you breathing long enough for you to listen to this bitch cry as she begs me to stop." His words caused all the blood in my body to ice over with dread.