𝟸𝟻-𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎

(TW: Blood, Death)
4K words
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
Kenobi was seated across from me as I kept my gaze on the middle of the table. Everything hurt, my heart felt like it had completely shattered - even breathing was painful, like those shattered pieces were stabbing into my very lungs. I can't think of a single time in my life where I've felt this broken before.

"According to Rex, Anakin was acting unhinged and he called you up to help calm him down - and thats when everything went south." Kenobi finally spoke.

I nodded without looking at him to go along with the story - I'm already damaged and utterly devastated, I probably shouldn't add jail time on top of my stupidity.

"That's when he shot Rex, and held you at gunpoint - then proceeded to force you into helping him get out his goddaughter." He kept going down the list of events that Rex and I already went over multiple times, "Correct?"

I nodded again, "Correct." My voice came out in a broken whisper  - my throat sore from how hard I had been crying in that cell.

"Why were you here so late?" He questioned.

I shrugged softly, "With my fiancé in the hospital,  the house feels empty and lonely - I try to spend as much time away from it as possible."

He nodded before continuing with his little interrogation, "What doesn't make sense to me is why did he take you with him to the fourth floor? He could've easily shot you as well and took your card with him - yet he didn't." Kenobi crossed his arms as he leaned back in the chair, the cops next to him were taking their notes as we spoke. They had him talk to me instead of any of them because according to them - I was unstable when they found me, and thought talking to a therapist instead of a cop would be more beneficial.

I cleared my throat and lifted my bloodshot gaze to meet his suspicious one, "He needed a hostage in case he ran into any guards so he could hold an advantage, which he did and then he killed them right in-front of me." I cried a little more - making them believe I was crying for the fate of the men, when really I was crying due to my broken heart.

"Why didn't he kill you?" One of the cops asked, one I recognized as a friend of Jackson's.

I wiped the tears from under my eyes and sniveled, "He was about to, he held the gun to my head," I spoke truthfully before I got prepared to tell the lie I had ready in case I was asked this question, "But I told him that I was pregnant, hoping the human part of him would spare me. That's when he shoved me into the cell, and locked me inside."

Everyone in the room nodded as they believed my lie - some holding sympathy in their eyes, even Kenobi, much to my surprise, "That was a smart thing to do (y/n)." He reached forward and placed his clammy hand on top of mine.

I nodded as I gently pulled my hand away, "Can I go home now please." I mumbled before swallowing the lump in my throat down. All I wanted to do was wallow in my pain, alone. I still couldn't believe I fell for it - I fell for it all.

Kenobi looked at the cops who were using this place as interrogation, since apparently the only police station in the city was currently on fire. I overheard that there was a riot in the middle of downtown, some believed it was a distraction in order for the station to be hit. I wouldn't be surprised if Anakin was somehow involved - although no one else seems to have the same theory as me.