𝟹𝟺-𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

3k words
༻✦༺

Ahsoka's POV
I took a seat behind the glass and waited anxiously for the arrival of the person I came to see. I was twiddling my thumbs together and fidgeting in the chair as I looked around the room - making sure no one was eyeing me for too long, signaling that they recognized me. Until finally, I saw that gorgeous face from afar and he became the source of my attention.

Two years.. two damn years it's been since I've seen the love of my life. I know it may seem like I'm too young to use that term, and most won't take me seriously. But that's exactly how I feel about Cal Kestis - he's held my heart since the day Anakin brought him home.

I could see the disappointment in his eyes when he saw me, but I didn't care - I was too happy to see him to be bothered with the scolding I'm about to get for coming here and being careless.

I was already in tears as he sat down on the other side of the glass, and grabbed the phone next to him to speak to me while I grabbed the one on my side, "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked with a heavy sigh.

"I needed to see you." I spoke through my tears, and I brought my sleeve up to wipe under my eyes, "I missed you so much." I placed my free hand on the glass and his green eyes slowly followed my movements with longing.

He gave in and placed his hand parallel to mine - his own eyes watering, but I noticed him blink them away before they could drip past his lashes, "I missed you too Angel, but you can't be here. How did you even get in-"

"Fake ID," I answered before he could finish.

He chuckled and shook his head as we both dropped our hands back down, "Of course you'd find a way, but it's still dangerous baby. You have to promise me you won't do this again."

I nodded, preparing to make a promise I'm unsure I'll be able to keep, "I promise I won't come again, but I couldn't bear the thought of not seeing before.." I trailed off as I choked on a sob, the table under me was forming a pool of my tears, "Cal, it should be me in there, not you." I exhaled a shaky breath to help control my intense emotions.

He shook his head quickly, "Don't say that, you're exactly where you're supposed to be now - free."

"No," I argued as I banged my fist on the table, "You shouldn't have taken the blame for my crimes. Why the hell did you even do that?" I asked through clenched teeth.

I don't think I'll ever be okay knowing that he's going to die because of things that I did. At the hearing, he practically took the fall for nearly everything I've done, and even convinced the judge that I suffered from delusions - thus ending me up in that asylum in the blue tier.

"Angel," He spoke softly, "I took the blame because I love you."

My lips quivered, "But-"

"No buts," He interrupted with a head shake, before gently placing his hand back on the glass, but out of anger - I didn't accept the gesture, "I didn't want you in this place, I wanted you near Anakin - somewhere you can be protected. That's why I did what I did, and I have no regrets."

"You're going to die Cal," I whispered painfully as my hand clenched the phone tightly.

He pushed his tongue to the inside of his cheek as he nodded, "I know, and I'm okay with that as long you're safe. You'll be okay without me."