𝟹𝟽 - 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎•

3.4K words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
After a few hours worth of phone calls, and even a small meeting regarding the plan I had in motion for Cal.

I was finally done for the day.

Everything was falling into place perfectly; let's just hope it stays that way. I wouldn't want to have to burn down an entire prison, and kill every person inside, mainly to make sure I got the one who pressed button - just out of pure rage for losing my kid.

Because that's what I see him and Ahsoka as - my kids. I raised them, and gave them everything they needed when no one else bothered to. That's why Ahsoka's words really affected me - I did everything I could for those two, and to hear that there's any doubt about how much I care. Kind of makes me question wether all that I did was enough for them.

But (y/n) helped me see that Ahsoka didn't mean it that way - I just had to put myself in her shoes and see things from her perspective, and I did, so I understand why she acted out the way she did.

Perks of having a psychiatrist as a girlfriend, she helps me have a more broad view of the world and the people in it. Not the limited, negative view that I was always used to looking through. In a way, she makes me a better person.

Emphasis on in a way. Which really only involves how I treat and act with my family - I still couldn't give two fucks about anyone else.

I walked down the hall towards my room, anticipating being able to see her; her presence always has a way of soothing my anxiety and worry. I was also hoping she was feeling better now; I had food sent to her, along with water and medications. So even though I wasn't physically there, I was still doing my best to take care of her.

As soon as I turned the corner that led to my door, my movements were halted by a small person blocking my path. Ahsoka stared up at me with an apologetic look in her bright, watery eyes, "Kin, I'm so sorry about last night," She began before I was able to speak first, "I was just really upset about seeing him there and-"

"How is he?" I cut her off. I was so upset last night that I didn't even ask the question thats been lingering on my mind.

She blinked with furrowed brows, "Um he looks good, healthy - but sad." She added.

I nodded, that's the best I could expect; if there were any visible marks signaling mistreatment, she would have noticed - Eric can live another day, "Look you don't have to apologize, it was unfair of me to assume that you would know I had a plan. In fact," I paused with a sigh, apologizing is not something I was used to doing. But I know that she deserves one, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you anything sooner, leaving you in the dark wasn't right." She looked utterly surprised at my apology, her mouth was open but no words came out,  "We can discuss more about this tomorrow and I'll fill you in on everything. But for now, I had a long day and I just want my bed." And my girl.

She nodded as a grateful smile slowly formed, "Can you tell me at breakfast over french toast?"

French toast; the only thing she ever asked to eat for the entire first month after I brought her here. I made the mistake of giving it to her once to try it, and she quickly grew an unhealthy obsession. Even going as far as to throw a little tantrum when I tried living give her something else. Luckily, my vexed glare was enough to shut her up - she never threw a single tantrum again.