𝟽-𝚃𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

2.2k words

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I can't believe I'm doing this again.

I tapped my foot nervously on the metal floor of the elevator, as I watched the red digital numbers on top, rise with every passing level. Until it finally reached my destination; the fifth floor.

The elevator dinged and the doors slowly opened; revealing a dark, quiet hallway. I leisurely poked my head out, and glanced down each end of the hall to look for the guard; but he was nowhere in sight. I didn't even hear the sound of his jingling keys as I did last time. It was dead silent, with the occasional high-pitched shriek from an unhinged patient. Nothing new.

I sighed heavily as I stepped off of the elevator, with my key card in hand, and made my way to his cell. I was mad at myself for coming up here like this again. I had told myself that I never would, but of course he would find a way to take something else that belongs to me.

He's becoming to be more difficult, and not in a psychological sense either. I happen to have been learning quite a bit about him, he's been extremely cooperative with me.

Even Doctor Kenobi is surprised by his sudden compliance. He said that Anakin usually shuts down during sessions, and almost never spoke more than a few words; and those words were usually just murderous threats. Besides that one time he told his previous psychiatrist his theory about how the brain is like the ocean; which I found to be interesting.

But no, that's not the difficult part.

The difficult part is the fact that he's trying to play games with me. He's flirtatious, agonizingly charming, he keeps stealing important items, his blue eye are menacingly enchanting, and lastly, the worst of all, he's rather.. tempting.

But he's a gorgeous man, can anyone blame me for thinking that? I'm still a woman after all.

Anyways, he's making it difficult for me to remain focused on the job. But, I'm still managing to push my womanly thoughts away, and resist his psychopathic charm; especially since I know that it's all just a fun game to him.

I reached his cell, and peered through the little window to his shirtless self lying in his bed, with one arm resting over his eyes.

I looked away from the annoyingly attractive sight, and glanced down the hall to check for the guard. It was still silent, and he was nowhere to be seen, so I took this as my opportunity to get what I came for, and quickly leave.

Unafraid; I scanned my card for the door to unlock, and I pulled it open. He sighed without removing his arm from his eyes, "You didn't even bother to knock this time." He spat in vexation, "Just get away from me."

I furrowed my brows as I crossed my arms, while keeping my distance and remaining in the doorway, "Not until you give me the book Anakin."

"Oh," His lips tugged into a devious smile, before he removed his arm, and met my annoyed gaze, "Sorry beautiful, I didn't realize it was you."

He thought I was someone else the last time I came as well. I'm curious to who thinks I was, "And who did you think it was?" I asked while leaning in the doorway.