𝟺𝟿 - 𝙰 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔-𝚞𝚙 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗

2.8k words
༻✦༺

Cal's POV
I snapped my eyes open at the sound of the small window-like opening on my cell door sliding open. I glanced towards it; noticing a medium-sized piece of paper floating inside and landing on the floor, followed by a pencil being tossed in.

I already knew what it was and decided to pay no attention to it. Instead, I closed my eyes once again and pictured the one thing that makes me the happiest, the one thing that's keeping me from feeling so afraid - Ahsoka. Her smile, her laugh, her voice, her eyes, her body-

"Your final meal is coming soon Kestis, write what you want," A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts that were taking a bit of an inappropriate turn. But I'm a teenage boy in love with a gorgeous girl, what do you expect?

I opened my eyes a second time, before slowly sitting up to get a good look at the person standing on the other side of the window - just to see if my bored mind was playing tricks on me.

But when my eyes adjusted to his shadow and I could make out certain facial features; I knew that it really was him, "Maul?" I asked in surprise.

The only question I have is; how the fuck did he get in here?

He winked as he adjusted his clearly stolen prison guards uniform that hid most of his tattoos. It seems giving up on a rescue wasn't something I should've done. Rex had to have gotten him in here, that's the only theory that makes any sense.

"I hear the peanut butter cookies here are delightful, you can ask for a dozen if you want to." He smirked.

I furrowed my brows, "But I'm-"

"Don't eat yourself sick though, we wouldn't want to have to send you to the infirmary, the nurse is a bit snippy today," He cut me off before tapping on the door three times, and closing the small window to block my view of him.

Three taps, a signal between all of us that we believe or know that we're being listened to. He was telling me not to disclose my allergy, purposely. Then he mentioned me getting sick, the infirmary, and a snippy nurse.

The lightbulb in my head went off and I quickly got off the bed to pick up the paper and pencil from the floor. I know exactly what they're up to, I mean I'm not sure what will happen the second I reach the infirmary - all that is a mystery to me. But all I know is that they want me to get there, and I have an easy way of doing just that.

I always hated that I had a peanut allergy, but today - it's about to save my life. How ironic.

So not only did I write down peanut butter cookies, but a peanut butter and banana sandwich - it's something I've always wanted to try.  Snips claims it's the best thing on earth, and if I'm going to basically poison myself - I might as well make sure it's enjoyable. I also want to see just how right she is.

Once I wrote it down, I tapped on the door with my middle finger's knuckle. The opening slid to the side to reveal Maul's face, and I took notice to another guard in the hall as well, just a few feet away. He looked like he was simply patrolling the halls, and I waited until there was more distance between him and us before speaking.

"For a second there," I spoke quietly while sliding the paper back to him through the door, "I was losing hope that any of you would even show up." Not that I felt I didn't matter to them, but my execution date had changed last minute for a reason that is unknown to me. I wasn't even sure if they would know about it in time or not.