𝟺𝟺-𝙰𝚗 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚕𝚎

A short one, but it's setting up for the next chapter!
1.6k words
༻✦༺
4 days later

(Y/n)'s POV
Today is my birthday, my first birthday with Anakin - If he decides he's not too busy for me that is.

Sighing; I waltzed down the hallway to go and find him. He was about thirty minutes late to taking me out - I'm not sure where he planned on taking me, it wasn't mentioned in the note I woke up to this morning.

All it said was to be ready by a specific time, six pm, and it was paired with a dozen real red roses in a vase that looked more expensive than my promise ring. And then one origami rose with the words, 'I'll love you until the last rose dies sweetheart' written on the exterior.

Well it's now six-thirty, and he is nowhere to be seen.

I actually haven't seen him today in general, which is fine, I understand he's an important and busy man - he's the leader of one of the most notorious gangs in America, and has an entire underground world to run. But I just wish he made an exception to not be busy today, or at least include me in on what he does.

I'm sure he thinks it would just bore me to tears, but I'm curious to learn more about everything. I only have a simple view, he does things involving guns, drugs, money, bars, and clubs - but I wish to know more, to have a broader knowledge of his operations.

I slowly turned a corner towards the one place I suspected he was, and grew confused when I saw Piett standing outside of the room - pacing back and forth.

I stepped up to the door, attempting to go inside, but I was quickly stopped by the anxious looking man, "No, you shouldn't go in there right now," Piett held his arm out towards me before I could go in; his tone dripping with urgency.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Even when Anakin is in a meeting I'm allowed in there, so I don't understand why I was being held back now, "Why can't I-"

(TW: Yelling, not towards y/n)
My voice was immediately cut off by glass shattering, as well as the sound of Anakin shouting profanities. The volume of it startled me; prompting me to take a step back from the door on instinct.

"What's wrong with him?" I questioned; concerned and curious about what could have upset him this much. I didn't even care that we had plans anymore, or what day it was; I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Him losing his temper isn't surprising, but he sounded more upset than usual.

Piett sighed with a low shrug, "I don't know. He was fine, perfectly fine - then he answered his phone and the next thing I knew he was throwing chairs."

"Let me check on him," I tried to go past him again, but he stubbornly stood in my way.

He shook his head slowly, "You haven't seen him when he gets like this - I have, and it's not safe for anyone to be around him until he calms down."

I stubbornly pushed him aside, "I'm not just anyone Piett, he's not going to hurt me."

He sighed heavily; knowing he wasn't going to win against me, and didn't even attempt to stop me again as I pushed open the double doors.

My line of sight instantly landed on him; he had his hands balled into fists as they rested on the table, and he kept his head down with his eyes closed, "Get. Out." He demanded in a growl without looking up.