𝟷𝟼-𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎

3k words

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
Trust him.

I just have to trust him.

That's what he kept telling me before I left last night after we—did the unexpected.

Leaving was difficult for me, all I wanted to do was stay in his arms, but the longer I was there; the more likely we were to get caught. So reluctantly I had to go, and I could tell that he didn't want me to go either. He pinned me up against the wall and kissed me a thousand times until I was finally able to sneak out of the door.

We did speak a little bit afterwards; I still didn't get answers to any of my questions. That's when he just kept telling me to trust him, and as hard as it is to keep my curious mind in check; I'm going to try and do just that.

Also, a part of me thought that when I was no longer in the moment with Anakin—despite how Jackson treats me—I would feel guilty for cheating on my fiancé. I've been with him for years, we've had good times as well as bad, and I was devoted to him for so long. And yeah Anakin and I have kissed before, but sex was a new level of unfaithfulness. I never thought I would do what I did, I never thought of myself as a cheater.

But I felt nothing for what I did; no hint of guilt, no hint of regret, and I was driven with a deep desire inside of me to do it again. Last night was heaven; I felt in control, I felt safe, I felt satisfied, fuck I felt like I was floating on cloud nine the entire time.

I could still feel his hands gripping my hips as I allowed him to have me fully. I even found myself already missing his fingertips as he lightly stroked my back while I laid on top of him when we were finished. His sweet scent was currently lingering in my nose, and my heart was still beating his name. I did something I told myself I would never do, I fell for my patient.

He's a devil to others, yet a saint to me.

As I leaned back in the chair in Jackson's hospital room with both of his parents present; I continued to let my mind roam, pretending I was watching TV with them.

I thought back to our sessions in the beginning. I spent years studying psychology, and criminology; I thought I had these people and their minds all figured out. But then I met Anakin and my views became altered, 'I said minds, not just mine, but all, can't be entirely defined and shrunk into a textbook. They're much more broad than that, and all are different. And that it's stupid to think that the human mind can be completely understood by reading a book.'  It's that statement that I think of on a daily basis, making me question a lot of what I thought I knew.

Maybe he's capable of more than I thought.

I've had this question in my mind lately thats been eating away at me due to recent obvious events; can a psychopathic man like Anakin truly feel emotions, love even? My previous answer would have been 'no' or 'highly unlikely', because that's what a textbook told me. But now my answer is the same as his, 'anything is possible'.

"Isn't that where you work?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Jackson's dad who was pointing at the screen. I quickly sat up when I noticed that he was right, the reporter was standing outside of the Coruscant Institution.