𝟺𝟶-𝙰𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚊

SECOND UPDATE OF THE DAY
6.1k words
It's a long one, Sorrry, but I didn't want to split up her story. Hope you like it!
༻✦༺
Flashback chapter

Aayla's POV
(Flashback takes place 6yrs ago, so she's 16! But the beginning part is kind of her talking about life when she was fourteen. It'll make sense as you read it.)

"Fucking drunk," I kicked my unconscious father in the stomach and he barely moved as he continued to snore while passed out on the kitchen floor, "Did you shoot up too!" I shouted with tears streaming down my cheeks.

I was fourteen years old, taking care of a man who was supposed to be taking care of me. But it had never been that way, I was hated by him, blamed. My mother died giving birth to me and that's not something he had ever let me forget.

When he looked at me, he didn't see his daughter, he saw the murderer that took away the love of his life.

As if I didn't hate myself enough already.

I had grabbed a plastic bag and tossed the empty bottles surrounding him. While also putting on gloves to pick up the used needles from the coffee table. Better safe than sorry.

This was my life, a daily routine of picking up after this man, making sure he's alive, bathing him, shoving food and water down his throat so he didn't starve or dehydrate himself.

I did all of that, because despite his loathing towards me.. he was my father, and I loved him. He was the only person that I had in this world and I guess I just clung to the idea of him sobering up one day, and being the father that I desperately needed.

I told myself that if I held on just a little longer, things would eventually get better.

But they never did, because two days after that day; I found his body on the floor in the garage. He had over-dosed on just about everything in the book, just as I feared he would one day. Wether it was intentional or accidental is still unknown, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

I cried for hours as I held him, and no one ever came to help; at least not until the next morning. The cops took their sweet time despite me calling them hours prior, because it was just another junky to them, 'one less of them out there now' I heard one of 'em say. So it wasn't much of a priority to show up at the time that I called.

Then I was meant to be placed in a foster system after this happened, but a man claiming to be my uncle came to take me in. He had papers and everything to prove it so I would be released into his custody, legally.

Although he wasn't actually my uncle, this man's name was Jerome, and he had brought in false documents so he could get his hands on me. Why you ask? My father used to work for him prior to his demise and it was later learned that he was stealing from him. So basically, he owed him a lot of money, and now it was me who was left behind to pay it all back; unless I want a bullet to the head.

But Jerome claimed he was a man of understanding, and knew I, a fourteen year old teenager at the time, didn't have that kind of money sitting with me. So I began to work for him; I stole countless cars, learned to flip them, file down serial numbers for re-sell, etc.

Anything illegal or even basic mechanics involving a car, I now know how to do. And the more money I helped bring in, the lower my father's debt went. It wasn't dropping as quick as I had hoped, but with the way its going, I'll be free by the time I'm nineteen.