𝟺𝟻 - 𝙼𝚢 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚆𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗

3.9k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
"...and then we bring him home." I finished spilling the details of Cal's new escape plan to everyone in the room. I raised my hand, and  took a drag of the cigarette that was placed comfortably between my fingers before speaking again, "Any questions?" I asked; blowing the smoke from my lungs as I met everyone's eyes momentarily - except for (y/n) who was standing by the side of my chair. She was leaning against the wood with one of her hands resting on my shoulder.

How I've done this without her for so long - I'll never know. And by 'this' I mean life in general; her presence alone makes everything better.

A hand was raised, "I have one," Ahsoka spoke up from the floor. Aayla, Piett, and Maul were taking up the couch across from my desk,, and we were all currently in my office inside of one of my clubs, "Whose plan is this?" She asked with furrowed brows.

I turned my head and looked up at the one woman who can make my heart skip a beat, and when her eyes met mine - that's exactly what happened, "(Y/n)'s." I responded confidently with a smile that she reciprocated. It was a damn good plan, and simple - simple is good, there's less that can go wrong.

We finished planning it on the drive over here; well she did while I listened and admired. Sometimes I forget how smart she actually is. Now I'm not saying I ever thinks she's dumb - I just mean that I forget she's smarter than an average person. I would even go as far as to say that she's surpassed my own intelligence, and I consider myself a borderline genius - it's the narcissism.

Ahsoka stood up, catching our attention once more. She eyed (y/n) up and down for a moment before finally smiling, "I love it; it's better than the original plan - no offense Kin but I wasn't a fan of yours." She rolled her eyes before walking forward and grabbing my alcoholic drink from my desk and chugging it.

Everyone else began to mumble slight agreements, even Piett who told me he liked my plan. I narrowed my eyes at all of them, "What was wrong with the original?" I snapped in annoyance, and I heard (y/n) accidentally snort as she held in a giggle.

"You were going to use a helicopter." Aayla shook her head.

"And?" I took another drag of my cigarette before speaking again, "Helicopters are cool and efficient."

"No," Ahsoka protested as she dropped my empty glass onto the table. Despite us having a solid plan to get Cal out, I can tell she's still frustrated and stressed over it - as am I, "They're noisy, and they attract too much unwanted attention," She argued, "Not to mention, they're easy to follow."

I rolled my eyes, "We would have been long gone before they had the resources to follow us." I kept defending my original idea.

"Whatever you say," Ahsoka sung as she backed away from my desk and sat back down on the floor.

I was about to open my mouth and argue with her further, but I stopped myself when there was a knock on the office door. Everyone in the room straightened their posture as their gazes traveled to the door - we all knew who it was, we've been waiting for them.

"Come in," I announced as I stood up and gestured for (y/n) to take the seat I was in. She sat down comfortably and I stood right in front of her, facing the door. I don't know why I felt the need to keep a barrier between her and these guests, but I was having a hard time trusting anyone anymore, especially around her - besides my family, "I'll let you know when I need it sweetheart." I spoke to her quietly as the door opened. She hummed in response, but said nothing further.