𝟹𝟼-𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜, 𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜

3.2k words
༻✦༺

Anakin's POV
"Do you need anything before I go?" I leaned to hover over (y/n) as she laid in the bed with a bowl on the nightstand next to her. It's currently empty, but I decided it's best to keep it there as a precaution. The blood red carpet and cashmere sheets aren't even close to being cheap, and I feared her throwing up all over them.

She woke up this morning with a hangover that I'm confident is going to last her the entire day, but that's what she gets for over-doing it. Maybe next time she'll have a little more self control and not get completely wasted - or let another man touch her just so she could see my jealousy.

I see this as her karma for that.

She groaned as she grabbed the maroon blanket and brought it over her eyes to shield them from the light, "Just turn the light off on your way out please." She spoke in a groggy tone.

I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her cheek through the blanket, "I'll be back to check on you soon, I just have a few things to take care of today."

She groaned again as she turned on her side, her face remaining hidden, "Come back soon please," She mumbled quietly, "I love you."

"I love you too," I responded as I stood up from the bed and straightened out my gray jacket.

I took one last look at her weakened condition and felt bad for having to leave, but I had a few standing obligations. But once I'm done, I'll be returning to keep her company - plus there was something important I needed to talk to her about.

༻✦༺

"It appears he's alive." I smirked as Rex walked through the doors of my conference-like room with his arms raised as if he was waiting for a hug.

"Oh shut up," He rolled his eyes, "You knew I had to disappear for awhile," He got closer and pulled me into an embrace as he patted me on the back, and I did the same in return. I have to admit, after spending nearly every day with him during my time at the asylum, I kind of began to miss him while he was away.

Not long after he was ordered to take (y/n) downstairs, we spoke on the phone. He informed me that he had to leave and go into hiding for awhile. He feared that Obi-Wan knew he was working for me, which is why he was asked to take (y/n) to the basement - something he has never been asked to do with any patient unfortunate enough to go down there.

So, he went into hiding because he feared two things; one, Kenobi would kill him, or two, turn him in to the authorities.

I had the same hunch as well which is why I didn't even attempt to argue with his choice. I don't know how Obi-Wan figured it out, but it was obvious that he knew Rex would tell me. He wanted me to know that he was going to kill the woman I love, he wanted me to be in pain - to feel helpless.

But now with that sorry excuse of a man dead - Rex is free to walk amongst the daylight again.

"Well it's good to have you back," I responded as we both backed away from the short embrace, "But I also may have called you here because I need you to do something for me - something kind of big."

"And here I thought you just missed me," He sighed with a head shake, "Look, I love you man - but the last time I did something big for you; I got shot, I had to go into hiding, and I never even got the car you promised."