𝟿-𝙲𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎

2.8k words
(TW:Violence, Murder/Death, Blood)
༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
I sighed heavily while I sat back in my office chair; glancing at my phone periodically.

What Anakin said earlier has stuck in my mind for the past few hours; would Jackson really cheat on me?

The thought alone, enraged me. But it wasn't really an enraged feeling of jealousy, it was more that I was angry that I put up with his shit for so long; only for him to be the one that was unfaithful. Like I was the one who wasn't providing a fulfilling companionship for him.

I did my best, I always did my best to keep him happy. And if he cheats on me after I dealt with his issues for years. I just might take Anakin's shovel advice—I'm kidding obviously. But it's a fun thought to have.

I tapped my phone screen again and checked the time; it was already six pm. I could leave if I wanted to, most psychiatrists usually leave around five. The only people left behind are mostly nurses and security, and Doctor Kenobi who stays till around seven, sometimes eight.

But I didn't want to go home, I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from bringing my concerns to the dinner table. Thus resulting in a fight that will somehow be turned against me.

I groaned while grabbing my pen, and tapping it impatiently against my desk. We were always told to not let what patients say get to us, since most of the time it's complete nonsense, and usually they just want to mess with us.

But what he said, just made sense. He may be psychologically insane, but he was anything but stupid. In fact, I think he's one of the smartest people I have ever come across; and I went to Stanford University, so that really says something.

I stopped my tapping, and glanced to the black decoration on my desk. The origami rose sat next to a few other knacks on my desk, and it stood out beautifully. I sometimes catch myself dozing off while my eyes are locked on it.

How funny, I seem to fall in a spell even when he's not around. He has an annoying way of doing that to me.

Especially today;

"I would never let anything happen to you." He stated sternly, no hint of play in his tone. I glanced up to him from the paper, and the look in his eyes made me believe every word.

I stared at him in bewilderment, "Lets um-" I cleared my throat and glanced down to the table. I felt flustered, and I didn't know what to say back to him regarding that statement, "Lets just get started." I spoke nervously as I clicked my pen.

He hummed, and I heard the sound did the chains grinding against the table, "Can I have a kiss first?"

I shot my eyes up, and narrowed them, "Anakin." I scolded his ridiculous request.

He chuckled instantly, "I'm kidding sweetheart," He leaned forward over the table, "But I would like some of that coffee now." He opened his mouth slightly with a smile, and my heart leapt involuntarily in my chest. I always found the way he asked for coffee to be.. captivating.

I shook my head while breaking my gaze away from the sculpted paper. I have to stop thinking about him, I don't care if he wants to deny it; I know these emotional, and physical reactions that he gets from me are for his own distinctive entertainment, and for nothing more.