Ten

Everyone loved the rodeo idea. Gail was so proud, it was like seeing my mom give me a thumbs up.

Anna hasn't stopped being excited about my idea. She could not stop coming up with ideas of her own as the organization week went by.

But all doubt for Tyler has also given me a new perspective along with this event. After his help with brainstorming, I can't stop thinking of him. Wondering what he's doing. My heart also has its moments of fear. It's impossible to change so abruptly. He can easily hurt me again.

Yet, he keeps stopping these thoughts from growing in me. One day, I saw him in the front waiting room at work.

"Tyler?"

He looked up with surprise and his eyes immediately fell all over my body. He cleared his throat and shyly said, "You look beautiful, Tessa."

I chuckled at the hint of blush on his cheeks. "What are you doing here? How...did you know where I work?"

"I remembered the sign from the last event. So I searched it up online and got this address. I can see I came to the right place."

"Okay." I was still very surprised and confused by his arrival, so I was left silent for a long moment; our eyes quietly studying each other's appearance.

Until he cleared his throat and said, "I came to see how your event was going?"

"Oh. It's going great. Everyone loved the idea. How's your job hunting going?" After my big revelation with Tyler at the antique store, we took a small stroll around the rest of the store. He told me that he was looking for a job since he quit music.

Tyler almost shrunk with embarrassment as he said, "I haven't found anything."

"Not even at that music store I recommended?"

"They said they weren't hiring right now."

"You should have sung to them so they could give you a spot. Your voice can melt hearts." With this, I gave him a small smile as his eyes shined at my words, and made my way to my office.

"Tessa?" I looked back and saw his warm smile. And just like that, all those dark thoughts faded away as he said, "I can't wait to see what you will accomplish. I'll be front row."

My heart flew for the first time as I watched him leave. God. It was like we were back at the beginning.

And I liked it.

Now, as I look around at the event, my stomach flips with all kinds of nerves. This is my first event after my promotion. Tyler might be here, and I still don't know why I even care if he's coming or not.

I let out a tired breath and Anna appears out of nowhere from behind the bar. "Someone sounds nervous. You want a drink?"

"I don't drink anymore."

"Is your boyfriend coming?" Anna says as she pours herself a cup of wine.

"Boyfriend?" I say with furrowed brows. "I don't have one."

"The man that asked for you the other day."

"You mean Tyler?"

"Yes. He came on Friday."

"Friday, too?" I say with wide eyes. "But he came on Wednesday also."

Anna's eyes shine with excitement as she says, "Looks like someone's gonna have a partner soon..."

"Don't start," I say with brows raised. She does a small giggle and I shake my head with a smile as I watch Gail come over with her newbie.

"Honey!" Gail says with her shiny smile. "This is so gorgeous! Excellent job, my dear!" The guy by her side gives me a warm smile and I give them a thankful nod.