Twenty Eight

I'm starting to think that this was all just a false alarm.

I quietly work on my organization for the wedding this time. While we waited for Tyler's results, I worked on the birthday party for the little brat. Seriously. That party went wrong in so many ways just because of that brat. I've never wanted to run away from my own event before.

But then I focused on the wedding and Tyler's recovery was going so well. The day he danced in the kitchen with me, I knew he was all healed. Plus. No symptoms from the list Dr. Sharpe gave me happened.

Maybe...just maybe...God may have listened to my heart this time.

Everything is back to normal as I hear Tyler play his guitar upside down on the couch. I don't know what is about this position but he says it gives him inspiration.

But I don't mind. I like listening to his fingers soothingly running over the strings and his hums combine beautifully with his acoustic melody.

"Tyler?"

"Mhm?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Always."

"Do you think you're down to sing for this wedding? Well, you and the student group."

"The group will do fine without me."

"Why not?" I turn in my seat and smile at him. "Does your throat hurt?"

"No."

"Then?"

"I want to enjoy that party and not worry about the music."

I click my tongue and pout at him. He raises a brow at me and smiles. "Why do you insist so much? You wanna show me off to your friends?"

"No! I mean...I wouldn't mind people seeing that you're mine—"

"Mhmm."

"And the bride is into your music. Plus. I think that I shouldn't look around for a musician when I have one at home..." I gently get on my knees in front of him and let my lips linger on his.

"Hmm. Are you trying to seduce me into saying yes?"

"No..." I put a light kiss on his lips and his eyes reflect his heart melting through his warm eyes.

"Fine. Only if you make me one of your soups I missed so much."

"Deal!" I give him a quick kiss and run off before he catches me. My giggles echo in the house as I hear him yell, "Come back, city girl!"

Everything's going to be okay. I just know it.

As I put on earrings, I see Tyler stand by me to fix his hair. My eyes grow wide and I playfully whistle. "Wow. Who are trying to impress tonight?"

Tyler shakes his head with a chuckle. "I need to represent my beautiful lady. You are the hostess after all."

"Hm. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you anyways. I don't want the bride to trade grooms with me."

Tyler laughs loudly at this and puts a sweet kiss on my cheek. His hand lands on the bottom of my back and brings me closer. His low whisper sends sweet shivers down my spine as he says, "You look too gorgeous. Why don't we ditch this wedding and run away?"

"Ha! If you want me fired, sure!" I playfully push him away and finish up my makeup as I say, "We need to get there before anyone else. Even before the groom."

"Your friends won't be there?"

"No. This is an event I did on my own. Just Anna will be there because she's my intern." I jump when I feel Tyler give my bottom a soft slap. "Hey! What's up with you today?!"