Seventeen

Even during my deep sleep, I can still feel his kisses. His hand tenderly run up and down my hips. I wish I can reciprocate but I am just exhausted. Last night was a long night.

After leaving the law firm, I was going to help Tyler move his stuff to my house but then I got a call from Anna. She was frantically telling me that we have to get the decorations ready today for tomorrow evening.

So I ran out of Tyler's apartment after giving him a kiss. He told me that he'll get a friend to help him out so I just nodded to his plan.

I spent almost all evening and night checking out the items I needed for this event. I went to nearly ten stores yesterday. It was a mess but thank God Anna was there. Fabio, too, was there. I made sure he did things far away from me.

Then I arrived home by two in the morning. I barely noticed some new things in the house as I dragged my feet to my room. Tyler was already asleep, but I numbly snuggled up to him. In his sleep, he wrapped a strong arm around me. Then I knocked out.

Now, my growling stomach, my bladder, and his warmth tell me to wake up. But my eyes stay heavy and all I do is listen to his humming.

"You had quite a busy night," Tyler softly says. "At what time did you arrive last night?"

I let my legs stretch under the sheets and mumble, "Two in the morning..."

"Oh wow. Don't you have that event tonight?"

"Mm..."

"At what time is it?"

"I don't know...."

My mind slowly starts to drift off to sleep again as I feel his arm bring me closer. He shifts to give my shoulder a soft kiss. His other hand holds my arm, but it moves down to my chest and his lips find my neck. Even in my sleep, I feel shivers go down my spine and I let it be. I smile as I feel his lips go up my cheek and to my temple.

I hadn't realized how much I missed having mornings together...

My stomach does a long growl and I hear Tyler chuckle. "You're hungry. Do vegans get hungrier faster because they don't eat meat?"

"Mm...Hey, vegan? You never told me the news you had for me the other night."

Tyler chuckles and says, "It's because we got busy..." His lips give my chest a quick kiss and I do a small laugh.

"Is that what it was?" I playfully say.

"Yes. You made me forget."

"Well...what was it?"

"I finally found a job." I know he must be doing his shiny smile.

"That's great, baby! Where?"

"Hugo's Stop."

"Where's that?"

"Downtown."

"What...I've never heard of that place. What do you do there?"

"I'm a carpenter there."

"Carpenter? I didn't think of you as that."

"I did a lot of carpenter work back in Tennessee. With my old man. We did stools, chairs, tables, even things used for the farm."

"That's nice," I say. "I can't wait to see what you bring here."

Tyler comes near my ear and playfully whispers, "Hopefully I can bring a crib soon..."

I scoff. Now I'm awake. "Maybe in a year or two."

"Why?!"

"Let's talk about that later, okay?" I gently sit up and say, "We have so much to do together. We just got back and I think it's best we wait for a bit."

"Okay," Tyler says with a sweet smile. "Then let's get a dog!"

"I can agree to that," I say as I get up and make my way to the restroom. "A big dog so I can go out and run with!"

Finally, we find each other at the table getting ready to eat. I start to shove a spoonful of oatmeal until I see Tyler bow his head. I put my spoon down and gently put my hand in his. He looks up with a hint of surprise, but it's that smile that makes me bow my head to a god I don't hear.

"What is this event on?" Tyler says.

"Another business event," I say. "It's a big event. I might stay late again."

"Can I go?"

"Sure," I say with a smile. "I'd love to have you there. Maybe you can even sing, too."

"Do you want me to sing?"

"Always."

"Okay!" Tyler says with a warm smile. "I will sing only for you, my love." He gives my hand a soft kiss and my morning has never been as bright.

But today is one of my busiest days yet. I'm on my feet all day and unfortunately, I decided to wear high heels today. But the evening arrives and the doors open. I smile at the late-night work I put in yesterday. It's definitely worth it.

The first person I see enter is Tyler. He looks around with shining eyes and gives me his proud smile when I go up to him.

"Everything looks gorgeous, baby." He gives my cheek a sweet kiss and says, "Very different from the other two times."

"These people are more sophisticated," I say as I lead him to where Gail is at. "They come from Germany."

"How exotic," he playfully says. He looks over at a smiling Gail as I say, "Tyler. I think you remember Gail, right?"

"I do," Tyler says with a kind smile. He takes out a hand for her to shake and says, "How are you, Gail? Looking fabulous as always."

Gail does a laugh. "Oh, Tyler. You have always been quite a sweetheart! I hear you two are back together?"

"We are," Tyler says as he puts a warm arm around my waist. "I'm so glad my lady here gave me a second chance. I promise I—"

His eyes suddenly brighten and a smile shows that he's just had an epiphany. "Gail?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Can you organize something for me?"

"Oh?" she says with furrowed brows.

I scoff at the sudden confusion as I say, "What's going on, Tyler?"

Tyler just gives me a wide smile and puts a quick kiss on my cheek. "I'll tell you later, sweetheart. I'm up." With one more quick kiss on my lips, he runs to the stage. People start to cheer and I push aside my confusion as I join in.

His eyes find mine as the music starts. His smile is just like the one I fell in love with for the first time. I see him mouth, "This is for you," and I blow him a small kiss.

Then his beautiful voice envelops all around me. My heart dances along with his song as I watch him shine. I'm all the way towards the back but I'm the only crowd he sees. The lyrics of his song bring a smile to my face as I realize its meaning.

People around me melt, but that's okay because he is mine once again.

The song finishes and the crowd claps loudly. Tyler gestures at the students behind him and then humbly bows. He smiles and nods at people as he gets off the stage, but his eyes stay on me. At last, the world leaves him alone just for me. So I let him taste my lips. I let him take me by the waist and bring me closer.

"You did amazing, cowboy," I softly say.

"Let's renew our vows." I give him a confused look and his smile stays there as he says, "I want to remind you. I want to remember it like it's the first time."

I look deep in those shining eyes. His determination sets my heart on fire and I realize that this is a new part of him. I wonder what other things I'll learn from him from now on...

I hold his cheek and nod. "Okay, baby. Let's do it. Let's do it all."