Fifteen

It's like it never happened...

I've always thought about what it would be like if I went back with Tyler. If I wore that ring I hid somewhere in my drawers. I really have to look for that thing.

None of that matters anymore though. All my doubts. The fact that I lost my ring. All I have is him.

He calls me in the afternoons like we used to. I find myself laughing more often and Anna notices. I tell her about Tyler and she does an excited jump. I swear. Sometimes I think she secretly hangs out with Gail when I'm not around.

I told Gail as well and she nearly choked on whatever she was drinking at the moment. Then she did a squeal that I had to move the phone away from my ear.

"I knew it! I knew it! You two are star crossed lovers!"

"Alright alright," I said with a chuckle. "Let's not get too excited."

"Mm. Mm! We are celebrating when I get back, you hear me?"

"Hear hear," I said with a laugh.

There are days when he visits me at my job. He often brings food with him, so I tell him to visit me when it's my lunch. When he doesn't come, he tends to send flowers to let me know that he's still thinking of me.

There was a day when Fabio gently knocked on my door as I brainstormed a few ideas for an upcoming event.

"Ms. Tessa?"

"Yes, Fabio?" I said without looking up from my notebook.

"These came in for you." I looked up and saw a beautiful vase with my favorite flowers. He even remembered the design of my office and the gift went so well with the decor.

As usual, his gift put a smile on my face. I gestured at a counter by the wall and asked Fabio to put them there. I quietly continued with my work but I could hear Fabio carefully move towards my desk.

"Ms. Tessa?"

"Fabio. You don't have to call me that. We are literally the same age. It's not right." I gave him a playful smile and he only gave me his half smile.

"Of course. I'm sorry, Tessa. May I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Are you seeing someone?"

I looked up and saw those burning eyes from the night I met him. They sent shivers down my spine but not the way Tyler does to me. At that moment, I wish Tyler was there to put his strong arm around my waist like he would whenever a guy would bother me.

But I kept my professionalism as I furrowed my brows at him and softly said, "Why do you ask?"

"Because of the flowers."

"They can be from a family member. Does it matter if I'm seeing someone?"

"It was just a question, Tessa."

"And I just answered it for you. Could you please call Anna in? We're going to start discussing decoration for the upcoming event." I gave him a firm look and he returned it with a firm nod.

It's been pretty awkward since then. I still catch him watching me from afar but luckily, Anna stays by my side most of the time.

Today, I've been quite busy. I quickly had a chat with Tyler before I gave my decoration ideas to the floor meeting. But as I step out, I let out a tired sigh. This event is going to be big. We are going all out this time. Gail will be here to help as a hostess along with the supervisor of this event. Meaning...Fabio will finally be far away from me.