Twenty

Despite his weird friends and odd jokes, I love listening to Tyler's childhood stories at every corner we go.

I have to say...the more we walk around the town, the more I see myself living this simple life. Sure. Maybe in a few years when I've realized most career goals. I think I'd be very happy here as long as I have my cowboy with me.

I love having him so close now. It's like our past never happened. I can't imagine myself without him anymore. I scoff at myself for thinking that my life was enough before he arrived.

We went to this small outdoor market. I think that was the best place I liked observing. I tried plenty of different cheeses. Tyler tried giving me beef but he couldn't convince me. Can I just say that their milk is amazing?!

We went out a night with his odd friends to some kind of horse show. I didn't leave Tyler's side at all with those guys there. Remmy can just be one weird fellow.

Then we went back to our little room. Fortunately, our small TV has a cooking show so I spent the second night watching it. Tyler actually enjoyed it as he chuckled with me and listened to my explanations of some dishes.

At one point, I was giggling about something on the show and I felt Tyler move closer to me under the sheets. So I put an arm around his broad shoulders and let his head lay on my chest. That time, he listened to the melody of my heart. Later that night, our bodies danced along with that melody.

The next morning, we go for a stroll in beautiful fields. But I notice a certain silence in Tyler today. I give his hand a soft squeeze and say, "Why are you so quiet, cowboy?"

"My mother is buried near here..."

My heart shrinks and I let my expression soften. "Oh...I'm so sorry, baby..."

"It's okay," he softly says. "She loved taking walks around here. So we buried her here."

"Do you want to visit her?" Tyler quietly shakes his head but his eyes are stuck on a house a mile down. He does a small sigh and says, "My old man is still pretty mad at me."

"I thought you went to reconcile."

"Only my mom accepted. My dad was still pretty angry when I left."

I look out at the white house with a barn next to it. I let a small breath escape my lips and say, "Are we gonna visit him?"

"I don't think he'll be home."

"We can try."

Tyler looks back at me and I give him a small smile. His eyes soften at my smile and nods. "Alright then, pretty lady. Let's visit the old man." He puts his black hat on me and I share a chuckle with him as we wrap an arm around each other.

We arrive and a man guiding a horse back to the barn gives us a wide smile. "Mister Blue! What a pleasure seeing you again!"

Tyler gives this man a tight hug and his smile is wider than ever. "I'm glad to see you, Mel. How are you?"

"Just getting Sweetie back to the stables for lunch!" Mel's eyes land on me and he gives me a small smile.

"Mel," Tyler says as he happily stands by me. He puts a proud hand on my back and says, "This is my wife, Tessa."

"How are you, ma'am? Pleasure." Mel gives me a respectful nod and shakes my hand.

"Hello, Mel," I kindly say. "Pleasure meeting you as well."

His sad eyes shine when he does a small smile and says, "Mr. Blue is inside."

"Thanks, Mel," Tyler says. "Do you need help-"