4: A New Friendship

"Please, Jungkook. I promise this is the last time I'm asking you to do it for me." The other barista says and pouts, trying to look innocent so that he could convince the blonde.

"Come on, Taehyun. It's already the third time in the month. Where are you even going?" Jungkook asks his friend.

"Just... somewhere. Look you can take care of the cafe for a while. It's not that busy and also Seonghwa would be here soon to help you." Taehyun says.

"I heard you guys talking about me. What's going on?" A happy looking boy skips towards the counter.

"Oh Seonghwa, good thing you're here. Help Jungkook manage today. I have to go out." Taehyun tells him.

"You decide everything yourself these days without even asking me, Taehyun." They hear their boss's voice. Taehyun stops in his tracks while the other two baristas snicker at him.

"Seokjin hyung, please. I promise I'll come to work early tomorrow. Please just let me go this once. Please." Taehyun's desperate voice makes everyone laugh.

"I'm telling you he's going to meet Beomgyu." Seonghwa states in between his laughter.

"Is he back already?" Seokjin asks.

"What do you mean by already? It's been a week since I last saw him." Taehyun whines.

"Well, he is an intern at an entertainment company. They don't have fixed working hours, specially if you're working with the artists. You should keep in mind what you signed up for when you started going out with him, Taehyun." Jungkook says patting the boy's back.

"Yeah, right. But he likes photography and he's pursuing that at such a big company like Bighit Music so I'm happy for him." Taehyun smiles.

"As you should. Now go, you punk before I change my mind of doing your shift." Jungkook says. Taehyun nods happily and rushes out after saying goodbye to his friends.

"We should get ready to open, I guess." Seokjin says. Jungkook and Seonghwa nod and make their way towards the changing room while Seokjin goes through all the last minute preparations. Just then, the door opens and a guy walks in. His face is covered with a mask and a cap. Seokjin's eyes furrow at his appearance but he smiles at him nonetheless. "Welcome to Yo Jo." He greets him politely.

"Thank you." The guy says. Seokjin wonders where he has heard this voice before.

"Who is it, hyung?" Jungkook appears from the changing room and looks at the two males. "Sorry we don't open for the next ten minutes." The barista smiles at the other male.

"Jin hyung!" They hear Seonghwa's screaming voice from the kitchen. "Just look at this idiot. I told you we're better off without him."

"What did San do again? I'm tired of solving their fights." Seokjin mutters and leaves from their after apologizing to the customer for the chaos he had to witness.

"I'm sorry sir but we're not open yet." Jungkook repeates. The other male stares at him for a while and says, "Even better. I get to talk to you now."

"What? Do I know you?" The barista asks with a confused expression.

"Maybe. I don't exactly have a face and a voice that can easily be forgotten." The customer shrugs. When Jungkook focuses on the voice, his eyes widen. "Kim Taehyung?" He says in a hushed tone.

"Surprise, surprise." Jungkook can almost hear the idol smirk. The blonde rolls his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, why do you go to a cafe, Jungkook?" Taehyung rolls his eyes too.