10: Being Unwell

"Hyung, have you ever met a person who understands what you're going through without you telling them?" Taehyung asks Jimin as both the boys wait for the makeup artists to start their work. It's been two months since Taehyung went on a long drive with Jungkook. After that day, he got super busy. KX5 went on a tour to various countries. Today is their last performance in the US and after that, they would be leaving for South Korea where they would be doing the closing concert of the tour.

In these two months, Jungkook and Taehyung could not meet but they texted each other continuously. They even talked to each other on phone sometimes but Taehyung wanted to talk to the older face to face and since he wasn't in Seoul, he wanted to facetime him but obviously he didn't have the courage to ask. Jungkook wanted the same but thought he'd make the other uncomfortable by asking. In all honesty, Taehyung is really glad that they would be going back soon. He can then meet the barista. He has already planned how he'd surprise the other by his sudden arrival.

"Well, I think you and Yoongi hyung understand me quite well. Namjoon hyung too." Jimin says.

"I'm glad I'm on the list. You guys understand me too." The maknae smiles.

"Why are you asking though? Did you meet someone like that other than us?"

"No, but I'd like to meet someone." Taehyung lies.

"Why? Are we not enough for you?" Jimin says, hitting the younger's shoulder playfully.

"I didn't say that. But I'd like to meet someone outside the idol industry and the acting sphere. I'd like to be friends with a normal person." Taehyung says thinking about his normal friend. The excitement of meeting him again is too much.

"Wow, Taehyung. That means you've grown sick of us." Jimin pouts.

"No, hyung. Shut up and stop assuming things."

"Oh, why not? Do you think I haven't noticed the way you're always on your phone, texting someone? Who are they, Taehyung?"

"No one important. Just a friend." Taehyung says, looking down.

"Come on. I know there's more to the story. So tell me." Jimin nudges him with his elbow.

"Why should I tell you? I know you're hiding something too. I've seen you stressed but whenever I ask you what it is, you say it's nothing. So I don't want to tell you too. Not like there is anything to tell anyway." Taehyung says and gets up. He walks over to the makeup artist to get ready. These past few days, he has noticed Jimin acting a little weird. He doesn't speak much when there's no camera. He always excuses himself when the group sits together to have a conversation about something that is not work related or if they go to eat. It's as if he is trying to ignore them. But why? Taehyung can't understand.

Soon it's time for the performance. The boys enjoy the concert as much as their fans do. Whenever they are on stage or in front of the camera, they forget everything that is happening in their personal lives or behind the camera. Onscreen, they know they have to do their best because their fans are watching them and they have high expectations from their boys. Which is the reason why the maknae of KX5 has been ignoring the pain he has been going through since the past few days.

He didn't tell anyone about it but he hasn't been keeping well. He's been practicing harder than he should and eating less because he wants to look good and well in shape. He has been overworking himself during this tour. It's painful for him but he just tries to endure it for a little while longer. The tour would come to an end in three days time and then he can relax.

The crowd cheers and also cries when the concert comes to an end. The boys move backstage after saying their goodbyes to their fans and promising that they would try to meet them again soon. But as soon as Taehyung get off of the stage, he feels like he can't walk anymore. He stumbles but grabs hold of the bars that hold the stage. His vision gets blurry.