15: Hiatus

Double update because why not?
Enjoy!!!

~~••~~

"Can you sit down for a moment and tell me what's wrong, Jungkook?" Seokjin asks in a concerned voice. He has seen the change in behaviour of the younger in the past one week. He has been talking less and acting weird. He gets pissed off easily and most of the time, he is lost in his thoughts.

"Nothing is wrong, hyung." He says rolling his eyes.

"Then mind telling me why are you cleaning like there's no tomorrow? You only do that when you're deep in thoughts and need time to think." Seokjin says. Jungkook sighs and throws the cloth he had been using to clean the coffee counter. It's his habit. Whenever he is pissed, he starts cleaning.

"I'm so fucking confused." He says through gritted teeth. It's as if he is mad at himself.

"Is this about Taehyung?" Seokjin asks him calmly.

"How do you know, hyung?"

"I've known you for years, Jungkook. I know that he makes you happy then why are you suddenly so distant from him?"

"I'm... I'm not." Jungkook lies while looking down. Seokjin tilts his head, "I have seen you ignoring his calls several times a day so of course you're not being distant." The older rolls his eyes. Jungkook doesn't say anything.

He had been confused about Taehyung for a while now. He likes spending time with him and talking to him. He likes doing things for the idol and he doesn't know why. He hasn't felt like this for anyone in his life before.

Sure he has been attracted to girls and dated them but he never had these kind of feelings for any of them. Having a liking for a guy is the weirdest thing for him because Jungkook has been straight his entire life. He doesn't know how to handle the fact that he likes a guy and that guy kissed him.

"Jungkook? Jungkook, are you even listening to what I'm saying?" Seokjin asks in an irritated tone. He has been speaking for a while now but Jungkook was so lost that he completely missed what he was saying.

"I'm sorry, hyung. What did you say?" Jungkook shifts his focus to his friend who glares at him.

"I'm saying that I know there's something worrying you and maybe it's related to Taehyung but I've heard that he isn't doing so good lately." Seokjin shrugs. Jungkook's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What happened to him? Is he sick or something?" Jungkook asks, his voice filled with concern.

"His manager visited the cafe today. He said he was trying to look for Taehyung because he couldn't find him." Seokjin says and this mere statement makes Jungkook worried ten times more than he already was.

"Where did he go?"

"Namjoon said that he didn't know. Since a few more people came and wrote on the internet about how they were bullied by Taehyung, he has been receiving a lot of hate. They found out who tweeted and investigated them. They talked to the school's principal as well but it turns out that those claims were all true." Seokjin tells him.

"What?" Jungkook nearly shrieks. It's hard for him to believe this. He knows Taehyung quite well now and he is sure that the idol can't do anything like this. He tries to stay away from people most of the time then how can he even do this?

"Yeah and the people on the internet are furious. The hashtag, 'Take Taehyung out of KX5' is trending everywhere. His fans are trending the hashtag 'Protect Taehyung' in response. So the company has put him on a hiatus until they re-investigate everything. Namjoon said when their CEO broke this news to him, Taehyung just ran away. He came here in a hope to find him because apparently Taehyung had told him that you guys are friends but he was disappointed when he couldn't find him here as well." Seokjin finishes speaking. Jungkook's mind goes blank. He is very worried about the younger now.