50: Decisions

Warning: very long chapter!

~~••~~

You are such a disgrace!

So you're a fag too?

I still don't approve of what you do, Taehyung.

What you do is similar to what those sluts in bars do, dancing half naked in front of drunk men.

I can't be proud of you.

You are nothing but a disappointment.

Taehyung breaths heavily in his slumber. He becomes restless as he hears his father's voice in his sleep. All those degrading words are stuck in his mind. Sweat covers his body as he slightly whimpers.

It's just a dream.

It's just a dream.

It's just a dream.

It's just a-

His eyes open with a snap. He breathes heavily as he takes in his surroundings. He is in the hospital room. He was brought here by Jungkook after getting beat up by his father yesterday.

He tries to sit up but groans when an excruciating pain runs through his body.

Right, I have a broken rib.

He falls back into his pillow and sighs. It's going to take a month or two to recover from this completely. He wonders what sins he committed in his past life that he is going through so much pain in this life.

After a few minutes, he hears the door opening. His eyes dart towards the door to see who it is. He sees Namjoon entering with a bag in his hand. Taehyung's eyes never leave him as he approaches his bed.

"Hey Tae, you're awake. How are you feeling?" The manager asks, running his hand through Taehyung's hair lovingly.

"O-Okay, I g-guess." He manages to reply. In all honesty, he is still shaken by what happened yesterday or by the bad dream he just had.

"Everything will soon be okay, Taehyung-ah." Namjoon says and takes a seat next to the boy. Taehyung simply nods. Namjoon opens the bag he brought and takes out some lunch boxes.

"Jin made these for you. You should eat healthy food so that you can recover soon." Namjoon says, trying to sound cheerful. Taehyung smiles at him and nods. Soon the open lunchboxes are placed on the table in front of Taehyung. He eats heartily. Maybe getting beat up makes you hungry.

"Hyung, where's Jungkook?" Taehyung asks, putting a spoonful of soup in his mouth. "He went to the office an hour before you woke up. He said he had a meeting with his lawyer. You know to take care of Kim Heechul's drama." Namjoon replies. Taehyung nods. He is happy that his father would finally pay for his deeds. A lot of people would now say that Taehyung shouldn't go to such extent to get his father punished because after all he is his father. But Taehyung doesn't care. If his father never acted like a father then he is not obliged to act like a son. That's what Hoseok said to him a few hours ago on the phone call.

"Hyung, there's my phone in the pocket of the trousers I was wearing yesterday. I recorded the conversation we had when my father came to my place. Please give it to Jungkook. Maybe it would help the case a little if not a lot." Taehyung says. Namjoon nods. He feels so proud of Taehyung and his presence of mind.

"Wow, Tae. You're so smart." Namjoon says ruffling his hair. Taehyung giggles, "I learnt from the best." He winks at Namjoon and the manager shakes his head with a laugh.