45: The Letter of Happiness

Taehyung enters his dorm only to see Jimin silently sitting on the couch, Baekhyun and Chanyeol rummaging through the cabinets of the kitchen and the fridge to find some snacks and Yoongi is nowhere to be seen.

"What's going on, hyungs?" He asks, sitting next to Jimin and stretching his body.

"Oh you won't believe what happened, Tae." Baekhyun says as he emerges from the kitchen with some snacks in his hands. Chanyeol follows him soon after with four ice cream buckets in his hands.

"What's going on? Are we celebrating something?" He asks looking at the older boys curiously. Jimin silently takes an envelope from the table and hands it to Taehyung. The youngest finds it weird that Jimin isn't saying anything. He wonders if something happened. Perhaps a fight with Yoongi.

Taehyung takes out a letter from the envelope and opens it. His eyes widen when he sees the seal of the president's office on it. He reads the letter carefully and he cannot believe what's written in the letter.

"WHAT? ARE WE SERIOUSLY GOING TO RECEIVE THE THE ORDER OF CULTURAL MERIT?" He shouts. His hyungs laugh at him and nod their heads. Jimin smiles too which makes Taehyung a bit relieved.

"We have brought a lot of glory to the nation and promoted our culture internationally so we are going to receive it. Isn't that awesome?" Chanyeol says and Taehyung nods. He still cannot believe it. This is something to be very proud of.

"We are the only K-Pop group till now to be receiving it and we will also be the youngest recipients." Jimin says and excitedly claps his hands.

"It feels like a dream." Taehyung says. Everyone agrees with him. Baekhyun passes some snacks to everyone while Chanyeol hands over the ice cream. "This calls for a celebration." Baekhyun says.

"Yes! But where's Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung asks as he opens his ice cream bucket first. It's been a while since he last had ice cream.

"He has an early morning shoot for his solo song tomorrow so he went to sleep." Chanyeol informs him. Taehyung just nods and eats his ice cream. The other boys talk about how their parents reacted when they told them this great news. But Taehyung doesn't have parents that would care or even appreciate him. They never did even when he brought such glories to their nation.

He decides to call Jungkook and Hoseok though. The two of them definitely care for him and would be very happy for him. But there are high chances that Jungkook would already be knowing about it, given he is the CEO of the company he is signed under.

~~••~~

The next morning is a peaceful one for KX5. Everyone except Yoongi is in the dorm. Taehyung is strangely happy today. He has been happy ever since Jungkook and he got back but today, the happiness is on another level. Well, thanks to the letter he received yesterday.

"Taehyung, do you want to eat some breakfast?" Jimin asks as he opens the door of Taehyung's room slightly and peeps.

"Sure, hyung." Taehyung says with a smiles and stands on his feet. The two friends walk in the kitchen. Jimin grabs a box of cereal and Taehyung takes milk out of the fridge. They sit on the table to make themselves a bowl.

"How was your session with Dr. Song yesterday?" Jimin asks. He did not get a chance to ask Taehyung about what happened at his therapy session because everyone was too happy when they received the letter yesterday.

"The session went well, hyung." Taehyung tells him. The session was really good. Taehyung has been happy and healthy lately and the doctor could see that in the way Taehyung smiled and talked with him. The major reason was getting Jungkook back again and the other one was breaking ties with Kim Heechul and Kim Minji. These factors have minimized a lot of stress in his life lately.