36: The New CEO

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!!!!

~~••~~

"But you didn't even talk to me much that night." Seokjin sighs looking at Taehyung. The two of them bumped into each other at BigHit office as Seokjin came here to pick up Namjoon to go for shopping together.

"Well, Jungkook was there with you all and I didn't exactly want to be near him." Taehyung tells him the reason why he didn't spend much time with Seokjin, San, Seonghwa and Taehyun in Jungkook's birthday party.

"Oh that's understandable." Seokjin nods.

"So how's it going? You and Jungkook work in the same company." The older asks as he takes a sip from his bubble tea.

"We didn't interact." Taehyung shrugs.

"Like... at all?" Seokjin asks with wide eyes. The younger nods and continues with his drink. They talk casually for a while when the hear someone clearing their throat. The two boys turn around to see the current CEO of the company standing in front of them.

Yes, Jungkook took over the company one week ago, that is a month after his birthday. Donghae is now the chairman of both HYBE Corporation and BHM while Eunhyuk is still the president because he loves doing what he's been doing and he doesn't want to change it. A lot of other people's positions have been changed as well and Taehyung is sure that the working of the company would too. Even in one week, Jungkook has proved that he can be a very efficient CEO and Jungkook isn't exactly how Taehyung remembers him from two years ago. At least not in the office. He seems damn strict about work. Not that he himself interacted with him to find out but because a lot of staff talk about it.

"Oh hey, you both. Seems like you guys are having a good time here." Jungkook says as he pulls a chair from a nearby table because Taehyung and Seokjin are sitting on a table for two.

"Aren't you supposed to be busy, Kook?" Seokjin asks.

"My meeting just ended and I'm famished." Jungkook says. He orders a grilled chicken sandwich for himself when the waiter comes.

"I've been working here for a while, Tae and I haven't seen you at all." He says to the idol who looks up from his drink and stares at him without any expression.

"Because you have your CEO duties to do and I have my idol duties?" Taehyung prompts, sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

"Right. So how's the comeback album coming out?" Jungkook asks but this time Taehyung ignores him and continues to drink his bubble tea. Obviously Jungkook can't just pop back into his life and pretend like nothing happened.

Jungkook keeps staring at the younger, not liking the way he's being sour to him or ignoring him. Seokjin notices the tension so he speaks up, "But I must say, your company has a really good cafeteria. The food is good."

The other two males look at him. Jungkook smiles at his hyung and says, "Yeah, even I'm surprised."

Taehyung feels uncomfortable by the raven haired CEO's presence so he abruptly gets up and takes his bubble tea in his hand. "I'll go back, hyung. I have my recording in a few minutes. I'll tell Namjoon hyung you're waiting though." Seokjin nods at the younger's words. Taehyung says goodbye to the older Kim and leaves the cafeteria without sparing a glance at the CEO.

Seokjin looks at the retreating back of the idol and then at his dongsaeng. "I'm sure he missed you, Kook." The older boy sighs.

"But he's ignoring me. He ignored me at the party and now as well."

"What else do you expect from him, Kook? You broke his heart. We all know that what you guys had was deep. At least I did. How could you just disappear like that? Oh and not to forget when he found you cheating on him on the last day you were in Korea in my cafe." Seokjin says, looking angrily at his friend. Jungkook looks at him with wide eyes. Seokjin did try to talk about this with Jungkook several times in the past but the younger always dodged the topic. He didn't want to think about something he couldn't have.