42: All You Have To Do Is Say A Little Yes

The car ride back to the KX5 dorm is silent. Taehyung is agitated because of one, what happened earlier after the dinner with his father. Two, because of what Jungkook said when he asked him if they could go back to how they used to be.

Jungkook stops the car once they reach the condominium complex, not a word is exchanged between the two of them. They don't know what to say. Taehyung obviously wants to talk to the older. Heck, it's Jungkook that he wants but he isn't too sure about the other. He says one thing and does something else.

"I think you should go. It's getting late." Jungkook says softly. He doesn't want the younger to leave but he doesn't trust himself and his hormones when he is with the insanely beautiful idol.

"I will once you tell me why we can't go back to how we used to be." Taehyung says and crosses his arms across his chest. That's his way of telling the older that he is not getting out of the car anytime soon.

"You already know why we can't, Tae." Jungkook sighs. It's difficult for him to say no when it's Taehyung who is asking him.

"But I will be leaving the company soon. People cannot say that I used you for fame and money. I will also come out in public if that makes it easier for us." Taehyung says. He wonders if Jungkook thinks he's sounding desperate now.

"But why do you want to stay with me, Taehyung? After all that I have done to you? After all those times I've hurt you? I left you alone for two fucking years, Tae. You should be mad at me. You should be hating me." Jungkook says, all the guilt coming back after knowing that even after everything that happened, the brunette still wants him.

"But you did it under certain circumstances, Kookie, and I understand."

"No, you don't."

"But I do."

"You shouldn't be with me, Tae. I'm not good enough for you." Jungkook says, his lips curling downwards.

"You're doing the same mistake you did two years ago. You're deciding for me again. You cannot decide for me. I can do that for myself." Taehyung says adamantly.

"Say it that you don't want to be with me, Jungkook. Say it that you don't like me anymore. Say it. Say it!" Taehyung almost shouts and Jungkook understands why the idol is so angry. He himself is confused by his own behavior so he cannot expect the younger to understand him.

"You know my feelings for you never stopped, Tae. I wish we could go back to how we used to be. I do want that but Taehyung, you need to think carefully. I don't think this is a good idea."

"I don't fucking care if it isn't. The way you kissed me that night under the rain and the way you've been treating me these past days makes me feel like you still care for me. Tell me you don't." The younger challenges him.

"Taehyung, I said I do but-" Jungkook looks at him helplessly. He doesn't know what to say anymore.

"What Kim Taehyung wants, Kim Taehyung gets." The idol smirks when he sees that the ravenette has turned silent.

"I'm not an object for fucks sake, Taehyung. You can't get me just because you want me." Jungkook sighs.

"I can and I will."

"But why?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE." Taehyung's words are followed by silence. Jungkook feels giddy at the possessiveness the younger's voice holds. He wishes he was strong enough to say something like that and get back with Taehyung because he wants the same after all.

"Taehyung, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Jungkook says.

"I am very well aware of that, Kookie." He says softly and smiles a little. He then unbuckles his seatbelt and leans closer to Jungkook. The ravenette doesn't move away when Taehyung cups his cheeks and lovingly strokes them.