7: Paintings and Lyrics

Jungkook looks at the idol with a smile plastered on his face. The younger is too engrossed in his work with his tongue sticking out slightly. His hands work their way on the paper and Jungkook doesn't want to disturb him. They've been in the painting room for an hour now and Jungkook has already finished the painting he was working on as he only had to give some final touch ups to it. He decides to let the younger work and gets up himself. He walks out of the room and towards the coffee counter where he sees Seonghwa bickering with San and Taehyun giving the two of them a pissed look.

"What happened to these two?" Jungkook asks Taehyun who rolls his eyes. "It's just their regular banter. You spent quite sometime with Kim Taehyung in there." His friend smirks at him. The blonde rolls his eyes and grabs a cup. He proceeds to make some frozen hot chocolate for himself and the idol.

"I was just showing him around the cafe and he liked it very much. He wanted to draw so I took it as an opportunity to complete my painting as well." Jungkook tells Taehyun.

"So is he like... the way he appears in public or is he different?"

Jungkook stares at him for a while and tilts his head, "How does that concern you?"

"I might have heard some things about him. Beomgyu says he's a little weird and totally different. I don't want to believe him because I stan KX5 but I'm curious." Taehyun says. Jungkook starts working on the beverage again, "You should probably not talk about things like that. If someone doesn't know a person then they don't have the right to talk about them that way."

"I know, I just got curious."

"If Taehyung doesn't smile all day and takes some time out for himself, that doesn't make him weird."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. I just want to see him happy and smiling. He looks good that way." Taehyun says, fanboying over his favourite idol.

"Alright, get back to work. It's gonna get busy soon."

"Do you want to help?"

"Do I look stupid to you?" Jungkook retorts. The other barista pouts and is about to say something but Seokjin yells at him from the kitchen to not make the customers wait, so after giving Jungkook a final glare, he leaves.

When the blonde barista is done making the frozen hot chocolate for the idol and himself, he walks to the room where Taehyung is. All the time he keeps wondering how people have so many different opinions about the idol and he kind of feels bad for him.

He enters the room and walks over to where the younger is sitting. When Taehyung feels his presence next to him, he places his hand on the paper to cover it. Jungkook frowns, "Did you draw someone naked that you're hiding it?"

Taehyung turns red and his eyes widen. "Shut up! It's nothing like that." Jungkook chuckles but tries to peep at the paper. Taehyung glares at him, removes the paper from the stand and folds it neatly.

"Come on, this is not fair. Look I even brought frozen hot chocolate for you." The barista says, placing the cup in front of Taehyung.

"And you can't even show me what you drew. Kim Taehyung, not fair." The barista crosses his arms across his chest and huffs.

"But I didn't... exactly d-draw." Taehyung mumbles, his hand tracing the border of the cup.

"Then what's that?" The blonde boy points at the paper curiously.

"Well it's just-"

"We promised we'd show each other what we did after some time. Will you show me if I show you my painting?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung finds it a rather tempting offer. He is curious about Jungkook's painting.