49: Surprise Surprise

As soon as the door opens and lights are turned on, Taehyung hears a unanimous 'Happy Birthday, Taehyung' being yelled by the people who are present here at the beautifully decorated Cafe Yo Jo.

A smile spreads across Taehyung's lips, his beautiful box-like smile. When his hyungs told him that they would be going to their parents' houses to celebrate New Year, he did not expect to see them here at his birthday celebration. "Let's go inside, Tae." Jungkook whispers in his ears as he notices Taehyung still taking in the sight of the beautifully decorated cafe.

The two boys step inside. His brother, Hoseok, jumps with a party popper. He hugs Taehyung and wishes him. "Hyung, weren't you supposed to be out of the country?" Taehyung asks when they move away from the hug. Hoseok laughs, "Did you really believe that? I was just helping this dumbfuck over here with the preparations of this party." He points at Jungkook who playfully hits his arm.

Taehyung nods. He is so happy. This is the first time someone besides his group did so much for him. On all his previous birthdays, the group has been always busy with the year end concert and didn't exactly get the time to throw a big party but Jeon Jungkook here did that and Taehyung cannot help but feel giddy.

"What about you, hyungs? Weren't you supposed to go home?" Taehyung asks his group members. "We'll be going home but not today. Maybe tomorrow because we couldn't miss our Taehyungie's birthday party for the world." Jimin says. Taehyung laughs. Everyone else also congratulates him. There are not many people at the party. They are just Jungkook, Taehyung, the rest of KX5 members, Namjoon, Jungkook's parents, Hoseok and the staff of Cafe Yo Jo who are also close to Taehyung.

"Okay, it's time to cut the cake." Seokjin announces and they see Seonghwa pushing a table to the centre of the hall which has a beautifully decorated cake on it. "Wow!" Taehyung gasps. He turns to look at Jungkook who smiles at him and asks, "Do you like all this?"

"Yes, Jungkook. It's all so good. I'm so... I'm so happy right now." Taehyung turns and says to him. Jungkook smiles and slightly ruffles his hair.

"You guys can do your ummm... whatever couple things you want to do after cutting the cake, okay? I put a lot of efforts in helping Seokjin hyung while making the cake." Taehyun says interrupting them. He drags Taehyung behind the table and everyone laughs at him.

Taehyung closes his eyes to make a wish.

Him.

That's his wish. He smiles and opens his eyes, making an eye contact with Jungkook who smiles at him. "Blow the candles, Tae." Jimin squeals. Taehyung nods and blows the candles. He cuts the cake and gives everyone a bite and everyone does the same to him.

"I'm so glad we don't have any schedule these upcoming days. At least I can eat in peace without caring about gaining weight." Yoongi says. The KX5 members laugh at his words. Everyone enjoys the party, trying out different snacks, dancing and even singing. They have a great time overall.

"Taehyung, hey!" Taehyung turns around to see Eunhyuk and Donghae standing side by side each other. Donghae extends his hand to give the gift he is holding to Taehyung. "This is for you from our side. I hope you like it."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee." Taehyung beams as he accepts the gift. "I hope that little piece of shit over there does not bother you much." Eunhyuk says, his eyes directed towards his son. Taehyung gasps as he did not expect the president to say something like this. In fact he has been scared of Eunhyuk and Donghae's reactions since the time he got back together with Jungkook as they have not talked to them about this yet.

"I did not invite the two of you to my angel's birthday party so that you could insult me like that." Jungkook says, walking closer to them. Taehyung chokes on his spit. Jungkook does have a lot of confidence since he is talking like that in front of his parents.