29: Dilemma

Jungkook places a freshly made cappuccino at the counter. The waitress looks at him in confusion and says, "I told you to make a Ristretto, Jungkook. Not a cappuccino."

"Oh, I'm s-sorry." He snaps out of his thoughts. Sighing, he walks back to make a Ristretto quickly. He is distracted after the little scene that happened with Namjoon in the morning at Taehyung's house. Seokjin notices his change in behaviour so he tells Seonghwa to send Jungkook to his office after he finishes making this order and take his place while the blonde is with him.

After sometime, Jungkook finds himself sitting on the couch of Seokjin's office while the older is sitting across from him. Jungkook stares at his feet, waiting for a scolding session to begin because he knows he wasn't exactly the best employee today. He made a lot of mistakes and he knows Seokjin doesn't like it, specially from people who he trusts the most.

"What's wrong, Kook? Are you okay?" Seokjin asks in a soft voice. The blonde's eyes widen. He wasn't expecting Seokjin to be so calm.

"I... I'm okay."

"Then why are you so distracted?" The older asks. Jungkook sighs thinking about what happened earlier this morning. When Namjoon caught him, he clearly warned him not to get too involved with Taehyung. It's not good, both for him and for the idol as well.

Of course, Jungkook knows this. The manager also told him that once the president and the CEO find out about it, they would really be mad because the company cannot afford anymore scandals. Specially if the scandals are related to KX5. KX5 is literally the biggest boyband on the planet right now.

Namjoon even begged him to understand because he knows how both he and Taehyung feel for each other.

"It will not just affect Taehyung and his future. If this thing gets out, it's going to affect you as well along with the whole of KX5. You are a smart person, Jungkook. Think wisely. You know you all have your whole life in front of you. You cannot let a little infatuation get in the way of your futures." Namjoon had said.

Although it's not just infatuation for him, Jungkook understands what Namjoon is saying too. He has known this since the time he befriended Taehyung. But is he ready to face the reality?

"Earth to Jungkook!" Seokjin's voice brings him back to reality. He looks at the older and sighs.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

"What are you sorry about, Kook?"

"I... I think I shouldn't have got so attached to Taehyung." He sighs.

"Why? What happened? Did someone catch the two of you?" Seokjin asks in a panicked voice.

"Yes, Namjoon hyung did." Jungkook says and tells him everything that happened. He cannot keep things from Seokjin. He is his best friend and he has always been the elder brother he never had. If Jungkook has any big secrets that he cannot tell anyone, he can tell it to Seokjin without worrying about being judged because Seokjin would never judge him.

"This is bad. I mean I know Namjoon wouldn't have a problem with your friendship but it's not just friendship anymore." Seokjin says.

"It's not, hyung. I love Taehyung. I... I told this to him yesterday and today... I don't know what to do anymore." Jungkook says, staring at the floor. He really thinks he hasn't been considering everything and just mindlessly confessed.