41: Breaking The Ties

Don't be scared of the title!

~~••~~

"Taehyung, aren't you coming home?" Jimin asks his best friend as he slings his bag across his shoulder, getting ready to leave for the dorm.

"No, I'll go later." Taehyung replies.

"Do you have some plans?" Jimin asks.

"Not really. I just want to work on a song." He says.

"A song? Aren't you supposed to take a break or whatever?"

"Yeah but... my birthday is next month and I really want to gift something to the fans. Might as well make a song." Taehyung shrugs Jimin nods his head and keeps his hand on the other's shoulders. "Seeing you work so hard even after knowing how much you're going through makes me so proud of you, Taehyung-ah." Jimin smiles. Taehyung hugs his friend, feeling guilty for lying as he doesn't have to work on the song right now but go to his parent's house. He cannot thank God enough for sending an angel like Jimin to be his friend though.

"I'm glad I could make you proud, hyung."

"Okay then, I'll see you at home." Jimin says before leaving. Taehyung sighs and picks his own bag. He has to go home and see his so called parents today. He doesn't want to. Going to see them is always a traumatic experience for him. The only thing he is glad about is that Hoseok would be there. Even when his step brother is present, his parents cannot shut their mouths but at least Hoseok takes his side. That's the only thing that's keeping him from having a panic attack.

~~••~~

After two hours, Taehyung finds himself at the bridge again. He knows it's pretty late for him to be here and he doesn't even know how he ended up coming here but this place provides him peace sometimes. Maybe it's because of the nature. The sound of the river flowing, the calming scent of the wet soil, the beautiful reflection of the moon in the river. These things make him happy.

The tears don't stop streaming down his cheeks as he stares ahead of himself. The time at his family house is always traumatic for him. It's always the same drama. But this time his father crossed the limit.

Hoseok has recently cracked a deal with Louis Vuitton which is potentially very beneficial for Extravaganza. Kim Heechul is very happy and proud of his older son and Minji cannot stop bragging about it. The dinner was in celebration of the deal.

A lot of people were invited to the dinner which made Taehyung feel better because he thought his father would not start some kind of drama in front of so many people. After all Kim Heechul has his image to maintain as well.

Since Taehyung was already late and the dinner was almost over when he reached, his father was really angry. When everyone left, he accused Taehyung for being jealous of his brother and not coming for the dinner on time was a proof of that according to him.

When Taehyung defended himself saying that he was just busy, he started his lecture again about how useless Taehyung is and how being an idol is nothing but a slutty thing to do.

Unfortunately, Hoseok was not home at that time. He had gone to drop off his friend at the airport because he was leaving the country for a while. This gave Heechul and Minji the perfect opportunity to degrade Taehyung.

Heechul said how he wished only Minji and Hoseok were his family. Taehyung was heartbroken when he heard that. All his life, he has been trying to make his father feel proud of himself with all his achievements and awards but it was never enough. Heechul cannot just accept the fact that his son is doing something that is not related to his own family business.