16: I'm Sorry

"J-Jungkook!"

Taehyung looks at the blonde with wide eyes. He wasn't expecting Jungkook to come here, at least not after ignoring him for a whole week.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook calls out his name in a sad tone. The hands around his waist tighten as if he is afraid that the younger would do something if he lets go.

Taehyung removes his hands from his waist and takes a step back. He stares at the blonde with absolutely no emotion in his eyes. "Why are you here, Jungkook?"

"I... I came here to look for you. I didn't want you to be here though. I wanted to find you but not here, Taehyung." Jungkook says.

"Why did you want to find me? Why does me being here even matter to you?" Taehyung asks, frustration clearly evident in his voice.

"Look Tae, I think we should talk. We need to-"

"There's nothing to talk about, Jungkook."

"Oh there is. There is a lot we need to talk about but all of it can wait. Just tell me why were you here on the bridge first?" Jungkook asks.

"What does it look like to you?"

"Taehyung, I know there's a lot going on in your life but trying to end your life is not an option." Jungkook says, trying to hold his arms but Taehyung jerks his hand away and glares at him.

"I wasn't here to end my life. I came here because I couldn't think of anywhere else to go. I... I only had one person with whom I thought I could talk about anything and everything but that person too chose to ignore me. He left me when I needed him the most... just like everybody else. Since I don't have anyone who'd listen to me and believe me, I thought coming here and shouting out... thinking that the world would listen to me would be a better option. But you... you didn't even let me do that. What the fuck do you want from me, Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung shouts at him and Jungkook lets him. He knows there's a lot the younger wants to say and he doesn't want to stop him. It's important that Taehyung speaks about everything that's bothering him.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm sorry for not being with you when you needed me the most. I'm sorry for choosing to ignore you and not even giving you a chance to explain. I know whatever I did was a dick move. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I really am sorry." Jungkook says, trying to convince the younger that what he said is the truth.

"What are you sorry about, Jungkook? It's me who should be saying sorry to you. After all I kissed you without consent. I know I would've been angry at someone who did that to me... but even then I was selfish. I was so selfish because I wanted you to stay. It's all my fault. I'm sorry." Taehyung says, wiping away the tears that rolled out of his eyes just now.

"No, Tae. You don't have to be sorry. I was an idiot that ran away. I'm sorry." Jungkook says, walking closer to him and holding his arms. Taehyung gently moves away again.

"It's not your fault, Kookie. It's mine. I expected a bit too much from you and thought that something could happen between us. I was so blinded by my own feelings that I didn't even think about yours. It was very inconsiderate of me. I can't blame you for anything that you did because I probably would have done the same had I been in your place and didn't have feelings for someone." Taehyung says.

"Tae listen-"

"It's okay, Jungkook. I understand. I know how much of a trouble I am to you. You even had to come here to find me when you should be at work. I'm sorry I'm an idiot and I keep bothering everyone-"

"Taehyung you're not-"

"I am a burden on you. I even forced you to be my friend. You have done so much for me but I didn't even do anything for you. I have always been a stupid kid who needs someone to look after him-"