19: Did I Mess Up?

Taehyung nervously sits in the passenger seat of Jungkook's car. His hand is in his mouth as he keeps biting his nails. Today he was called by Donghae and Eunhyuk for a meeting along with Namjoon and Seojoon. They said that they found out that the rumours spread about him were all wrong indeed and now they have the proof too. They asked Taehyung if he personally wanted to meet the people who did him wrong and he agreed because he wants to know why they exactly did it. But now it seems as if it wasn't a very good ideas.

Those people who claimed to be bullied by him were actually the people who bullied him themselves. Yes, Taehyung was bullied during his school days but he never wanted anyone to find out about it because he would feel weaker than he already was. Back in the days, he didn't say anything because then he would have to transfer to another school and he would be separated from Jimin, the only person who made his school life bearable.

When he met his bullies a while ago, they called him a 'scared little bitch' who can't even take a stand for himself. All the bad memories from the past came back at once. The way he used to get beaten up, the way they forced him to do their work and also how some of them touched him because he was the most beautiful boy in school.

"Never knew you could be an idol someday."

"Look how easily everyone fell for our lies. This means that Kim Taehyung, no one trusts you."

"Oh it's a matter of time when he will lose everything he has. After all, a fag like him doesn't deserve to be a part of a group that is literally on top of the world right now."

"I didn't know they keep fags in the idol industry these days."

Taehyung instantly regretted meeting those people. Whatever they said keeps ringing in his mind. Why did they call him a fag? Is being gay illegal? The only thing he is glad about is that those people would be staying away from him as the company would soon be taking legal actions against them and a restraining order for those people to stay away from him would be issued soon as well.

"Stop doing that. It's not a good habit." Jungkook says as he pulls his hand out of his mouth. Taehyung smiles a little.

"How do you feel, Taehyung? Everything is okay now." Jungkook asks with a smile on his face.

"I'm... I'm happy." The younger says in a low voice and looks down. He still did not tell anyone how he was bullied back in school. He really wants to tell someone about it. Specially after what happened back in the police station when he met the people who took part in making his life a living hell back in school. But he is scared how people would react to that information.

"Something's bothering you, isn't it?" Jungkook asks.

"No, I'm fine."

"It doesn't look like that to me though."

"Are you implying that I'm lying?" Taehyung snaps. He doesn't know why he's acting like this all of a sudden. He is already annoyed about whatever those assholes said a while ago in the police station. He is nervous because he has to go to the BigHit office as Eunhyuk and Donghae want to see him. They have to discuss about his return to the group and how he would be taking part in the future activities. And Jungkook asking him questions is not helping him at all with his stress.

"No, I'm not, Taehyung. I know you would never lie to me. I'm just worried about you because you look so... I don't know... upset?" Jungkook says calmly.

"I'm not upset. I'm freaking happy. I'll be rejoining my group again so why would I be upset?"

"I don't know. Tae, you know I'm the kind of person who says what he feels and I think that you are hiding something. Your whole mood has changed since the time you came out after talking to those good for nothing jerks and I can clearly see that."