40: You Can Only Try So Much Until It's Like, Whatever Man, It Is What It Is

"One, two, three, four... Wait, who's missing?" A frustrated Namjoon looks at the group.

"Jimin. He went to the restroom." Yoongi replies.

"God, why now? You have to go on the stage in like thirty seconds." Namjoon says but at the same time, Jimin comes back. Everyone sighs and Namjoon calms down a bit.

Their latest album got released an hour ago and the response they are getting on the MV of their title track is phenomenal. It became the fastest MV in the history of YouTube to get the most number of views and likes in the first hour, breaking the record of their own previous MV.

Soon, KX5 is called on the stage for the press conference that goes really well if we ignore the fact that Taehyung really got a fever and had to take medicines before leaving the dorm. All the members are worried about him wondering how he suddenly got sick because no one saw him coming home last night and obviously he didn't tell them. He didn't want to get yelled at.

The questions related to the album, the making, where they got the inspiration for the lyrics, etc. are all so easy. All the members answer those questions honestly. They even talk about what each of them have been doing lately in their free time.

The next question is a little difficult for them to answer though as the media and the rest of the world wants to know if all the KX5 members are going to renew their contract or not. This has been a topic of discussion on several social media platforms lately but the fans are hopeful that they would renew their contract. It doesn't make sense if they don't even after being the biggest boy band in the world with a fandom that is increasing at a fast pace everyday.

"Taehyung-ssi, would you like to say something about this?" The reporter asks. The maknae holds the mic tightly, his fingers almost turning white. He gulps as he doesn't want this to be discussed in the press conference just yet but now that they asked him this question, he wishes one of his hyungs to answer for him. But they can't do that. It would be unprofessional.

"We've been talking about it among ourselves and the company lately. We still have about two months before our contract ends. I'm sure we'll figure out something by then and our fans will be the first people to know about it." Taehyung says and smiles a little.

After a few more general questions that weren't as complicated, the press conference comes to an end. The boys bow to the people present there and exit the stage. When they reach the waiting room, they see Namjoon scrolling through his phone with a worried expression on his face.

"What happened, Namjoon hyung? Why are you so worried?" Yoongi asks. The manager looks at him and then hands his phone to the leader of the group. Yoongi looks surprised at what he saw while the other members get curious about it.

"What is it?" Jimin asks and peeps in the phone.

"The press conference was live and Taehyung's statement about the contract renewal has created a suspicion in the minds of the fans." Yoongi says.

"The way Taehyung framed his answer is making them wonder if you guys will renew the contract or not." Namjoon sighs looking at the younger. Taehyung looks away and mumbles, "At least they should be mentally prepared because I won't be continuing." The waiting room falls silent. Everyone looks at each other with helpless eyes.

~~••~~

Jungkook hears a knock on the door of his office. He raises his head from the table and stares at it with tired eyes. He doesn't feel too good because of getting wet in the rain too. But does he regret it? No, he doesn't. Kissing Taehyung under the cold shower is something he had always wanted to do. It was a very intimate action and he cannot describe how happy he felt while doing it and afterwards.